Unofficial Sheffield Forum/Showroom Movie Group - thread 2

I'd be happy to see either; I may or may not be able to come, depending on what time a sofa arrives and urgently needs assembling!

To avoid ambiguity, as there has been no real take up on this, we will not be having a meet on 16th September. Suggestions welcome for next meet.

Well, there's The Winter's Bone at a sensible time next week (I've seen the trailer twice and it looks intriguing, although I did feel I'd get more out of it if there were subtitles...). And there's the Spanish Foreign-language Oscar winner at a sensible time the following week--I have no idea if it's any good but I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Following "soundings" our next meeting will be 6.30 on Thursday 23rd Sept for Winter's Bone.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that, if any of you are interested in making as well as watching films, there's a free workshop running in Sheffield on the 1st October. If you go to that you get the chance to make a short for free with professional support. The scheme's funded by Screen Yorkshire. You have to apply at the Bradford City of Film site... the deadline is this Friday 24th Sept!

http://www.showroomworkstation.org.uk/rareexports

This looks bizarre but perhaps worth a watch?

I've seen the trailer and bizarre is certainly a word for it! (was also strange to hear Finnish) But as options at sensible times are pretty limited, I'd be up for it but I can only do the 20th.

Hi pb63 and maels,

On Rare Exports-this sounds good, I would definitely be interested in going to see it! When were you thinking of going?

20th suits me too, 7pm would be the best showing to allow for discussion.

As there have been no other suggestions shall we firm up for 7pm on the 20th?

Sorry, I can't make it tonight. Enjoy!

How about Blue Valentine as the next film, or does someone else want to suggest something else?