Unofficial Sheffield Forum/Showroom Movie Group - thread 2

Any thoughts on what to see next? The February brochure is out but some of the dates and times are obviously still in the air.

There are quite a few things in the brocure that I would like to see, including, Invictus, Crazy Heart, Micmacs (and i have never seen Amelie!). Also a Single Man has Julianne Moore in it (which is reason enough to go from my perspective!) And the Billy Bragg evening looks interesting too. Some of the timings are not great for our merry band though.

Of those, I'd most like to see Invictus (inspiration, Morgan Freeman and international rugby - what more could we want?), Crazy Heart (I think it would make an interesting comparison with The Wrestler, which we saw a few months ago) and A Single Man (I love Christopher Isherwood and it's based on his book).

Just the trailer of Invictus had tears welling up in my eyes, but I am very open to the other films mentioned. Timing is, of course a major factor.

Timing is, of course a major factor.

Well, we could say we'll see Invictus if it's on a a suitable time on its TBC days, and if not, Crazy Heart. What does anyone else think?

Well, we could say we'll see Invictus if it's on a a suitable time on its TBC days, and if not, Crazy Heart. What does anyone else think?

It's fine with me :)

How about 18.00 showing of Invictus on the 18th?

That's OK for me, although the following week would be even better. (I don't know whether it's on the following week; haven't got time to look right now.)

Suits me :)

No showings of Invictus listed on the Showroom's website after the 21st.

18th it is, then. I'll send out a F**eB**k message.

Chinatown is playing at showroom, Wed Feb 17! who is up for it