Unofficial Sheffield Forum/Showroom Movie Group - thread 2

I am happy with Milk. Can we firm up on a date?

Mon 26th, Wed 28th or Thurs 29th January would suit me: how about anyone else? It's on at 6.05pm on those days.

All of those dates would be fine with me :)

code13's asked me to say that Weds 28th would be best for him, so unless anyone speaks up today, shall we fix it for then?

Should anyone want to depress themselves they can watch former film group choice "Garage" on Film4 tonight at around 11pm. It has been labelled a "slapstick tragedy".

Hi all, back at work after a nice long Xmas break...hope you all had a good one!

28th is fine for me, see you all there...

OK, I think that's fixed, then. We're going to see Milk at 6.05pm on Wednesday 28th January at the Showroom, meeting at 5.55pm by the box office.

Newcomers always welcome, as are people who've been before and drifted away!

I'd like to join you on wed to see Milk, it will be my first time but really like the idea of joining with an informal type film group-and do like the Showroom

It'd be great to see you there, Suzanna. We'll be hanging around the box office at about 5.55pm. I'm a woman with short, red, curlyish hair.

I thought Milk was great, and Sean Penn was a revelation. I totally forgot who he was, if that makes sense. Wonderfully vivid but not OTT on the flamboyance. Despite the tragic end it's an inspiring story. I am now watching The Times of Harvey Milk on youtube, the Oscar wining doc from 1984. It's eerie having just seen the same scenes re-enacted. And yes, it turns out he really did record an if-I'm-assassinated tape. Hearing him say the words we've just heard, for real, is very moving.

Hope you don't mind me chiming in? Changing the film subject completely, I saw Revolutionary Road at the Showroom this week. More like a play really, sometimes quite pinteresque. It really had my attention all the way through. Lots of ways to look at it, so plenty to discuss afterwards. Quite tragic, but with a lot of black comedy. I was particularly impressed with Kate Winslet's portrayal. Great fun! :)

Revolutionary Road was one of the films mentioned as a possible for our next meet.