Thefts in Greystones last night

Did anyone see or hear anything suspicious last night?

My mate stupidly left his bike in my garden last night and it disappeared some time between 11:30 and midnight. At the same time, the house over the road was broken into through an upstairs window, they had a laptop stolen. The thieves had put a ladder up against the front of the house and climbed in.

I stayed up waiting for the police with the guys over the road but by the time it got to 3am and they still hadn't turned up I decided it was time for bed!

So if anyone on or around Blair Athol Road saw anything (like a guy on a bike with a laptop) please let us or the police know!

blame the fair agin its only just down the road.

yeah, might aswell blame the law abiding business men who would absolutly love to have your mates push bike to put in the trailer for the rest of the season along with their 1k sound system. ohh and then obviously they'd need that laptop considering they already probaly have 3 or 4 better ones in thier payboxs. But you know they really would love to steal your stuff and get them a bad name lol.

Guest pegmosaic

On a different not, did anyone else here that redicoulsly loud music going on till the earlyu hours?

yeah, might aswell blame the law abiding business men who would absolutly love to have your mates push bike to put in the trailer for the rest of the season along with their 1k sound system. ohh and then obviously they'd need that laptop considering they already probaly have 3 or 4 better ones in thier payboxs. But you know they really would love to steal your stuff and get them a bad name lol.

What a mess. :shakes:

On a different not, did anyone else here that ridiculously loud music going on till the early hours?

Sounded like a party up the road - the students are out for summer so I assumed it was them :)

I didn't see anything, but a motorbike was nicked from the back yard of a house just down the way not so long ago, and recently saw a lad checking out cars and gardens with a bit too much interest for my liking - that's not a punishable offence tho'!

If they had a ladder I would've thought they might have had a van or something, unless they just got that from a passage.

And will the carnies please chill and take a pill - no one even mentioned you and the ruddy fair...

Thread probably got pulled, there was a bunch of lads hanging around on the berkerly precinct being abusive and chucking stones. It occured to me they could well have walked further up after that

Thread probably got pulled, there was a bunch of lads hanging around on the berkerly precinct being abusive and chucking stones. It occured to me they could well have walked further up after that

Thanks. That explains it.

On a different not, did anyone else here that redicoulsly loud music going on till the earlyu hours?

Yes, that was the house that had a laptop nicked - they were robbed while the party was happening downstairs. I ended up chilling at the party for a bit, it was quite a random night!

didn,t see anything but the C I D have footage of two males that were breaking in to houses in this area three weeks a go about the same time of day, they were followed for some time and didnt seem to have any transport but i think they try and get keys, take things that they can get rid of easy at cash converters ect like phones and laptops and your car to get all the stuff home