No Petrol at Tescos or Sainsburys in Millhouses

Sorry to keep doing the sums but 80/6 = 13.3 gallons and diesel is about 5.85 at the moment so that’s 13.67 gallon, family saloon :confused:

ok, so its a bit bigger ;)

I was well on empty so called in at Morrisons at Ecclesfield, quieter than usual I put £40 worth diesel in, didn't even reach half full.

When I bought my Toyota in September 1996, it cost £28 for fill it up from empty to full.

On Saturday (June 7th) it cost me £59 and I went :o as the money meter kept going up

stupid prices arnt they ............ only the british would put up with it

1.8dsl ford focus cost close to £70 and needs filling twice a week. Could be a mondeo some have a 70ltr tank.

70 ltrs is over 15 gallons, I wouldn’t want to be filling that every week, I would have thought they had a 10 / 12 gallon tank, I hate to think what size tanks some vehicles have if a mondeo is that big.

Hope I can get some petrol this weekend as I am really low! Silly, panic buyers...just ends up causing a problem for everyone!

I don’t think we have reached £6 a gallon yet but if we had:-

75/6 = 12.5 gallons that’s not what I would call a medium sized car.

:huh:

£75/£1.25 = 60L, not an unusual size for a fuel tank. Car is an early Audi A4, not a small car, but not that big either.

For people just going to work in a morning perhaps a small motorbike would be a good idea. Cheap to run and handy in traffic jams.

Better than average chance that a tank full of 2 to 4 gallons would last you all week or even longer. A fuel stake would have ne effect on you for weeks if you kept a few gallons in the shed.

morrisons have been told to start closing pumps when forecourt reserves are at 1000litres. information from a member of staff...

[GRABS KEYS]

my works van is ready for running out. lets hope i cant get any. :):):):)

Don't worry, the sun has a sense of proportion with the headline

1,000 garages to run dry in 24hrs

FOOLS!! Anybody panic buying needs knee-capping. I can't afford to panic buy, I just put the usual amount in, and when it runs out I use those long hairy things at the bottom of my body called LEGS! I refuse to be held ransom by my car.