'Childhood memories of Sheffield' book

Anyone interested in contributing to a 'Sheffield Memories' book? I have done a couple of books in the past, basically childhood memories from members of other forums. The book would be done with a maroon leather binding! Size eight and a half by eleven inches.

All you have to do is e-mail me your memories, and I will put them in the book. The book will be done at my expense, and no copies will be offered. Oh yes, I almost forgot! The book will be given to a forum moderator, on condition that it be made available to other forum members on a loan basis.

I will be contacting a guy who has a web site of photographs of Sheffield, hopefully he will allow us to use them in the book.

If you consider the fact that yesterday is already a memory, then you will realise that your memories, whether you are 18 or 88, are of interest to someone, so please don't feel that your childhood is not important.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

My name is Brian Brady, and I have lived in Western Canada since 1965, never been back to England.

Any memory, no matter how insignificant you might think it is, will be of interest , and the length of your e-mail doesn't matter, I have had stories 40 pages long in previous books! (sent over a period of time, BTW).

If you have any photographs that you think might be suitable for the book, e-mail me a copy, I will use it. (If you don't have a scanner, send the original, I will return it).

One last thing. Unless you ask for it, I will NOT do a spell or grammar check on your submissions, I think an original story would be more suitable.

If you wish, you can send me a P.M.

Brian Brady

P.S. If you would like to send something right away, please title the e-mail 'BOOK STORY', I tend to delete e-mails I don't recognise!

Thought I wouod bring this post back up, in case nobody saw it!

Just got my first collection of 'Sheffield memories'. Good stuff, and I am all excited about doing another book. The stories I got today are from the late 80's, perfect for the theme of the next book, all I need now are LOTS MORE!! (not shouting, just trying to grab some attention!)

I don't pick the stories, you do, i will include them with no changes, I don't do a spell-check, unless you request it, your spelling and grammar are not critical. I know from the past couple of years that I have been on the Sheffield forum that a lot of you have some very interesting memories, please send them to me, I will even publish them without using your name, in fact, if you don't include your name, I can't publish it, can I?

I can guarantee that anything you send WILL be in the book, there is no dead-line, but A.S.A.P. will do! Brian(oldtimer)Brady

Hi Brian , Ihave sent you an e-mail but not not titled it book story ,hope you have not deleted . Arthur .

No book on sheffield memories would be complete without the works of seriessix.

Hi Arthur. I don't remember an e-mail from you. What did you put in the 'subject' space?

Hi Arthur. I don't remember an e-mail from you. What did you put in the 'subject' space?

I PUT INVITATION CARD also have sent you a scan of the card which was from the Lord Mayor of Sheffield!Arthur.

invitation card also sent a scan it was from the Lord Mayor of Sheffield 1939!

Hello .....i Too Left My Beloved Sheffield In 2965 To Come To Canada With My Parents And Twin Sister. My Father Came To Toronto For A Better Life For His Family, I'm Married To My High School Sweetheart And And 2 Grown Children. My Husband And I Visit Sheffield As Often As We Can, Since I Have Cousins And My Aunt Who Turns 91 This Year, She Still Lives In Her Own Home And Is An Amazing Woman! I Have My Canadian Citizenshp But Will Always Be A Yorkshire Lass At Heart........if I Won The Lottery I Would Spend 6 Months Over 'ome And The Other Here In Canada!