Greggs Charging For Sitting in Shop

You cant win on this forum. If you ask a question thats been asked before you get abuse for not searching for an answer but if you search for an answer, dont get it and add to a thread you find you get lambasted for dredging old threads up.for your information were not replying to the original post were replying to the person who "dredged" the thread up

It's never the case of someone actually wanting to add something to a topic though, it's always people who want to post an ad and so write some inane comment agreeing with a post from 5 years ago.

The thing is, even with this post and the one before people will still reply below about Greggs. Aaaaand cue...

I once went into KFC to order two 15 piece bargain buckets for a party and was asked,despite being obviously alone,if I would be eating in or taking away!

Got asked in the shop on P6/8 of Sheffield station if I was taking it out when I bought just a newspaper. :loopy::loopy::loopy:

It's never the case of someone actually wanting to add something to a topic though, it's always people who want to post an ad and so write some inane comment agreeing with a post from 5 years ago.

The thing is, even with this post and the one before people will still reply below about Greggs. Aaaaand cue...

What could anyone (even me!) Possibly add to this thread that would add any value or entertainment?

Considering the rest of the internet is only a click away?

If anyone thinks price differentials between eating in and taking out is outrageous, try having a drink at the bar, sat in the bar and sat out on the terrace/street in Paris.

What could anyone (even me!) Possibly add to this thread that would add any value or entertainment?

Considering the rest of the internet is only a click away?

Possibly a picture of a kitten. :love:

I only found out why because I asked

Eat in price or take out price have always been different for as long as I can remember Sara :)

That's why they ask 'Eat in or take away?'

At least you know now :nod:

and the majority of this post is between 4 and 6 years old

So what???

Awesome, another 5 year old topic pointlessly dredged up by someone who wants to post an ad and then replied to by a series of people who didn't check the post dates.

Nananananananan, watch out the thread police are on the case!

Awesome, another 5 year old topic pointlessly dredged up by someone who wants to post an ad and then replied to by a series of people who didn't check the post dates.

Why don't you run and tell the Policeman?

Thats what I thought. However why is it then that McDonalds and KFC ask if you are eating in or out but charge you the same?

If I remember rightly, these places absorb the VAT on eat in/take away so to keep the prices the same regardless of where you eat them, they have to ask you so as to keep a record when putting your stuff through the till, the money they 'lose' by paying the VAT is the recuperated on the price increases the following year, ik will try and find the link to where i read it..

Correct - thank the current government. Food is usually zero rated but "meals" are standard rate (plus 17.5%).

Oh and has anyone noticed that on Gregs V-cut ham sandwiches there are now only 2 slices of thin ham when it used to be 3.

May be wrong but I think you will find that this is a ruling from way before the current government.