Greggs Charging For Sitting in Shop

Read what the VAT man says, to put it simply :-

If you buy a cold cornish pasty from any shop and take it away - No VAT.

If you buy a warm cornish pasty and take it away - you will be charged 17.5% VAT.

If you buy a cornish pasty and eat it on the premises you will be charged 17.5% VAT regardless of the temperature of the pasty.

There are some good ambiguities to "hot" food. If bread is baked and still hot it attacts Vat but not when it's cooled down, same with homemade stuff so you could buy a pastie to takeaway with Vat on it and then complain it was cold and ask for it back. Treasury ought to pay for everyone to have microwaves.

Read what the VAT man says, to put it simply :-

If you buy a cold cornish pasty from any shop and take it away - No VAT.

If you buy a warm cornish pasty and take it away - you will be charged 17.5% VAT.

If you buy a cornish pasty and eat it on the premises you will be charged 17.5% VAT regardless of the temperature of the pasty.

Lol, i like that explanation!

I do believe there is a small sign at Greggs at Crystal Peaks. Just remember, it's not the staff you have a beef with, it's Greggs itself. So, don't take it out on the staff :)

Did you know that you are charged extra if you eat your food in the shop?

Yes. It's VAT. Like the lady said, McDonalds have been doing it for the last 25 years and longer.

Take it out and sit on the pavement outside the door, then when anyone asks you what you are doing tell them it's cheaper to eat out! :hihi:

Not noticed that but did notice that the slices of tomato in their V cut cheese and tomato are now 3mm thick as opposed to the previous 3.56mm

LoL had to laugh at this one. Did you get a ruler out to measure it? 0.56mm less, SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE!!!!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

LoL had to laugh at this one. Did you get a ruler out to measure it? 0.56mm less, SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE!!!!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:
Have you not come across the special sarnie filling micrometer/calipers and vernier guage as seen here

Why does this not surprise me , greggs rip off customers . I said it before and everybody called me but i see a few attitudes have now changed . They are now being seen for what they really are .

I do believe there is a small sign at Greggs at Crystal Peaks. Just remember, it's not the staff you have a beef with, it's Greggs itself. So, don't take it out on the staff :)

Just to let you know, I didn't take it out on the lady in the shop. The lady was polite, as I was with her. I just told her that I was disgusted. I have mentioned this to other people since leaving Crystal Peaks today and they have all said that they will definitely not be going there again.

Its not the fault of the staff that they have to charge us more. I bet they actually do get some aggressive people complaining to them. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes.

The sandwich and the shelf that I took it from clearly said that the sandwich was £1.55. There were no signs that could be seen saying that I would have to pay more to sit inside.

Just to let you know, I didn't take it out on the lady in the shop. The lady was polite, as I was with her. I just told her that I was disgusted. I have mentioned this to other people since leaving Crystal Peaks today and they have all said that they will definitely not be going there again.

Its not the fault of the staff that they have to charge us more. I bet they actually do get some aggressive people complaining to them. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes.

The sandwich and the shelf that I took it from clearly said that the sandwich was £1.55. There were no signs that could be seen saying that I would have to pay more to sit inside.

Yeah, they're adding a little more than just VAT aren't they if it became £1.95. I'm presuming that they have wash facilities for customers, as I was under the impression to be allowed to have it classed as a "eat-in" place, you had to provide these for customers? Or do they get away with this, as it has wash facilities in the centre/mall?

They should have kept their name as Thurlstones, clearly a better name.