Are some people too bitter and twisted to accept apologies?

I forgive I never forget :twisted:

Depends. I have one experience what I will NEVER forget and I will NEVER forgive.

But in general I do forgive and move on.

Depends. I have one experience what I will NEVER forget and I will NEVER forgive.

But in general I do forgive and move on.

Thanks for not telling Savvy ;):hihi::hihi::hihi: xxx ;)

It depends. For some apologies that I don't think it's warranted, I don't accept. Sometimes I encounter a lot of faux pas by others and they apologies for it, and I don't get why they did that, then I don't accept it. For those apologies where both parties have had big fallouts, I don't accept it. Cos it's gone past the point of no return. Steering clear of each other for sanity sake is helpful. An apology does not mean moot. If people feel guilty, then they should've thought of their actions before taking the action. Unless they realise their own action was a mistake and wish to apologise, then what is the point of apology?

Punter of mine purpously walked up to bar and farted (was a proper nasty one)

I gave him a bit of a slating and he replied with "hows f**k off sound"

He got a proper gob full back and has since tried many a time to apologise but as i wasnt keen on him in the 1st place (cant stand him tbh) i havent and wont accept it

Get my own back now by refusing to serve him after 2 pints as he always drives home from the pub and i know for a fact he,s been in other pubs before mine

I think forgiving is necessary, holding grudges just seems to hurt yourself more, and makes you bitter. That doesn't mean the relationship will ever be the same again. You have to accept that some people refuse to forgive and forget because they actually think they are getting something out of holding on to a grudge. Sadly, these people are disillusioned and only end up hurting themselves more. The important thing is that if you have apologised and meant it, you forgive yourself, and pray the other person comes to their senses. :)

It depends. For some apologies that I don't think it's warranted, I don't accept. Sometimes I encounter a lot of faux pas by others and they apologies for it, and I don't get why they did that, then I don't accept it. For those apologies where both parties have had big fallouts, I don't accept it. Cos it's gone past the point of no return. Steering clear of each other for sanity sake is helpful. An apology does not mean moot. If people feel guilty, then they should've thought of their actions before taking the action. Unless they realise their own action was a mistake and wish to apologise, then what is the point of apology?
Forgiving people and accepting genuine apologies is a good way to be regardless of the "crime" and it makes one feel better if one does that too, it does not mean that the parties have to have any sort of relationship afterwards. The alternative you suggest here is vindictive, spiteful and resentful.

If people feel guilty, then they should've thought of their actions before taking the action. Unless they realise their own action was a mistake and wish to apologise, then what is the point of apology?

Easier said than done Bago. People do and say all sorts of things in the heat of the moment which they instantly regret. I am guilty of this as I'm quite fiery but am not a nasty vindictive person, and 99% of the time instantly feel remorse afterwards.

There have been a handful of situations in my life where I have reached the point of no return, mostly it has to be said with exes. A so called friend really betrayed me badly, lied and caused a devastating permanent estrangement between me and my sister (at my sister's instigation). I will never ever forgive or forget what she did & I don't know how she live with that on her conscience. That said, I have moved on and don't dwell on it. I felt extremely angry and bitter for some time but have got over all that now.

Indeed, infact thats one of my mottos :thumbsup:

and mine, without the forgive element.