The Red Lion Book Club (thread#3)

Another good discussion last night. We shall meet to consider Doris Lessing's The Grass is Singing on 4th January. Our February book will be Dubliners by James Joyce.

I enjoyed last night's discussion on The Grass Is Singing.

The next meeting will be on 1 February and as previously decided, we will be talking about Dubliners by James Joyce.

The book for March is Jazz by Toni Morrison.

I would love to join a reading group. Is it ok to just come along? What time do you meet?

I would love to join a reading group. Is it ok to just come along? What time do you meet?

It's totally ok to just come along!

We're a small group and are usually in the conservatory bit of the pub, and we try to remember to put a copy of the book on the table so that you can spot us. We aim to start at 7.30, or whenever everyone's arrived! New members always welcome - we always post what book we're reading on this thread, so if you can't make it one month, you can still keep up!

Hope to see you soon :)

Great :) Thanks ClockEnder. It's a shame I have missed the January one, but I have ordered both The Dubliners and Jazz cheaply on Amazon, and will definitely come along to the February 1st group!

hiya is it okay if i come for the february meeting?

hiya is it okay if i come for the february meeting?

Of course, you'd be very welcome!

Don't worry if you can't make it to every meeting - we post the details of the books we're reading on here, so you can just join in whenever it suits you :)

thank you i will see you in feb :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night; I must say that I found the book rather hard going, but interested to discuss it and hear what everyone else thought!

Hope to see some new faces, too - newcomers always welcome!

Yes, I'm still finding it hard going..! I'll be there tomorrow even if I havent got all the stories read, which I won't have...

Our next meeting will be on 29th February, to discuss Toni Morrison's Jazz. We are considering trying to occupy the Snug. Our next book will be Our Man in Havana by Graham Greene.

Our next meeting will be on 29th February, to discuss Toni Morrison's Jazz. We are considering trying to occupy the Snug. Our next book will be Our Man in Havana by Graham Greene.
Will we need to bring tents and placards to the snug, then??