The Red Lion Book Club (thread#3)

Oh dear God!! Was just on a cinema website and they have made The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas into a film!! So I am guessing movie studios have decided to COMPLETELY give up on producing new ideas?!?!

So I am guessing movie studios have decided to COMPLETELY give up on producing new ideas?!?!

Well, they do say there are only seven stories in the world ... and recycling is very fashionable nowadays.

The next book will be East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

Sorry for forgetting to post this straight away!

See you all next time.

Laura.

DOH! It would help to know when...Wednesday 1st October, 7.30, Red Lion.

Am about 70 pages into the Handmaid's Tale at the moment and it is LOOKING GOOD.

Am about 70 pages into the Handmaid's Tale at the moment and it is LOOKING GOOD.

Me too, and ditto. (Even better than I remembered from the first time I read it).

How are we getting on folks? I will have to put a bit of an effort in to finish on time. Just been doing too much other stuff! Will get there though.

I finished it about 2 days ago. Good choice by Mocca - I think we'll have lots to discuss.

Look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday.

Hi all,

I've been looking to join a book club for a while and have read this months book. Is it ok to just turn up on wednesday?

Yup Brayuk. One of us will have a copy of the book on the table, so you'll know who we are.

A friend just showed me this - scarily like the prayer machines in The Handmaid's Tale.

A friend just showed me this - scarily like the prayer machines in The Handmaid's Tale.

Hahaha, brilliant. Just sent my order out to the cosmos; let's see if it works.