The Red Lion Book Club (thread#3)

Hi

I have a confession....... I have been buying 'non book club books which I was desperate to read so haven't got round to reading this month's book so I won't be making this month's meet. Hope you all have a good discussion

Edited by Pupster

For a change, I've read this month's book and half of next month's! See at least some of you on Wednesday.

We decided last night that the next meeting will be on Wednesday 15th April, to discuss Devil May Care by Sebastian Faulks. I returned a copy to Central library last night, so you lot can make a mad dash for it now.

May's book will be Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama.

Thanks for a good discussion last night. I will be reading some of the stories again at some point.

Thanks shlg. Yes, I enjoyed it too.

Apologies to GT for choosing a book that wasn't available in any book shops. Hopefully you'll have no problem getting hold of the next one.

Thanks all -had a really interesting and enjoyable night-just sorry that I had to leave early-will be better organised next month so I can stay for whole discussion.

It's OK, we didn't carry on very much longer after you'd left. It was nice to have you with us!

When's the MAy meeting?

I could be wrong but I don't remember us setting a date for May in the March meeting.

I don't think we did set a date - but four weeks from the April meeting will be 13th May. Does that suit everyone?

I'm very smug - I've already started on the May book!

I don't think we did set a date - but four weeks from the April meeting will be 13th May. Does that suit everyone?

I'm very smug - I've already started on the May book!

13 May is fine with me, although I really should start planning when I'm going to have time to read the book.... I haven't even started the April one yet, although I've had it from library for three weeks now (and had to renew it).

Both April's and May's books are pretty easy reading - I'm sure you'll manage!

Hi All,

So sorry didn't realise this months meeting was in school holls. Expecting to be lost somewhere on Snowdon by Wed night!

Hope you have a good one and see you in May -taking May book with me to get a good start!

Anastacia