The Red Lion Book Club (thread#3)

Yep, Weds 14th.

I'm a whole 35 pages in! I know how I'll be spending my Christmas holiday...

Hope everyone has had a fab Holiday season. Am actually just about to finish Northern Clemency (only about 10 pages to go). See you all in 2009. Happy New Year!!!

Had a great holiday so far, but have still barely started on the Northern Clemency! Aagh! I'd better get speed-reading...

Happy New Year, all!

You'll whizz through it. Can someone remind me of the next book please; is it Mrs Galloway? Ironically, I think I may finish the Northern Clemency early despite its epic scale....

Hi everybody happy (belated) new year. Due to having cold over Christmas I have finished The Northern Clemency in record time. Just hope I will be able to remember it come the 14th. See you in a couple of weeks

I think I am going to have to bail on this one, folks. Have not even got a copy of the book yet.

Hope you are feeling better Pupster...sick at Chritsmas is a bit of a downer. I will be in the same boat as you though, I can barely remember most of the characters' names already hahaha.

See y'all soon.

Hi everyone

I've been looking for a book group in Sheffield for ages and yours sounds wonderful, would it be possible to join? I suppose it's a bit close to make the January meeting but when are you meeting in February?

Many thanks!

Hi essjay

You'd be very welcome (even to the January meeting if you can read 700 pages by Wednesday!). The date hasn't been set for the February meeting, but I suspect it's likely to be 11th.

I fail! I haven't read enough of the book to discuss it (260 pages in), and I've got lots to do for work and cleaning up after a plumber... so I'm not going to make it tonight.

Have fun, kids.