The Red Lion Book Club (thread#3)

Hi I'm new on here and would love to join a book club. can you please post some details.

Hi FOlks,

I'm really sorry I didn't make it last night. Various reasons, which I won't go into on here!

What was the verdict? I'm still enjoying it, although I found it hard work to get through in a month (I'm about 400 pages in!) particularly now I'm working again (YIKES!)

I'll see you, I hope, next month!

We meet at 7.30pm in the Red Lion on Charles Street. Newcomers are always welcome.

The next meeting is Wed 5th November, when we will discuss A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

The next meeting after that is probably Wed 3rd December (to be confirmed at the November meeting), to discuss Dracula by Bram Stoker (maels' choice).

Hi FOlks,

I'm really sorry I didn't make it last night. Various reasons, which I won't go into on here!

What was the verdict? I'm still enjoying it, although I found it hard work to get through in a month (I'm about 400 pages in!) particularly now I'm working again (YIKES!)

I'll see you, I hope, next month!

I think the general verdict was that it was brilliant and very long! There were six of us at the meeting and only three had finished it.

Hi guys

Sorry i couldn't make it last week - was in the middle of moving and there were too many boxes still to unpack! Was looking forward to it as I really enjoyed the book and was one of the few who had actually finished it:) Maybe at the next meet we can have a quick discussion once everyone has finished it....

Shauna - hope you are enjoying your job I bet those early mornings are a shock :hihi:

Hi there

Im interested in joining your reading circle. Are you still open to new recruits?

Cheers

Darren

Are you still open to new recruits?

Yes, new people are always welcome. The next meeting is on 5th November, to discuss 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'; the next after that is 3rd December, to discuss 'Dracula'.

Hope to see you soon.

I am absolutely hating "A thousand splendid suns" folks. Should make for an interesting discussion, though as I can't comprehend why anyone would want to read it!!

Not sure yet whether I'll make it for this one: if Code13's right, I might not regret missing it!

hahaha Code13, couldn't agree more. See y'all on wednesday.

I am absolutely hating "A thousand splendid suns" folks. Should make for an interesting discussion, though as I can't comprehend why anyone would want to read it!!

Even worse than The Eyre Affair code?

I should manage to finish this one, so will see you Wednesday.