The Red Lion Book Club (thread#3)

I have resisted being the organised one, but...

The next meeting has been changed to Wed 8th October; the book is still East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

The next meeting after that is Wed 5th November, when we will discuss A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

(Edited to avoid confusion - I'd linked to completely the wrong book).

Not quite Shlg! I think the book was going to be A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thousand-Splendid-Suns-Khaled-Hosseini/dp/0747582971/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221163832&sr=1-1

The one you linked to looked a bit 'interesting'!

(PS, sorry I wasn't organised and didn't post these details - last time I tried and got it wrong.)

I did think when I googled it that that one looked more likely... but I'd written down 'A Thousand Suns', with no 'Splendid'.

Editing my previous post to avoid confusion.

Thanks, Shauna.

Hi!!I would really like to join your group!!If you don't mind!!Although i'm a bit back to front as i'm currently in the middle of a thousand splendid suns!How many of you are there?!

You would be very welcome. There are about ten of us at meetings, usually (from a pool of sixteen or so, I think).

Newcomers always welcome!

Hiya have finished East of Eden and have even made some notes this time. Hadn't read a John Steinbeck book since school (Of Mice and Men) and I had forgotten what a good writer he was. See you all on 8th

I'm less than 200 pages in, but loving it so far.

I see (in Radio Times this week) the writter of "Lost in Austen" claims he has never read "The Eyre Affair" (lucky him) despite the obvious similarities in the premise.

i'm still waiting for my copy to arribve from amazon, think it must have got lost in the post :confused: might not be joining you this month after all!!!

I finished East of Eden last night: very much looking forward to the discussion.

I know a few people haven't finished the book yet (which is not surprising, at 600 pages) - please still come to the discussion, unless it would really bother you to find out the ending.

I'll be there, although I doubt very much that I'll have finished it - I'm only about 400 pages in so far.

See you all on Wednesday!

Loved it, loved it, loved it. See you all on Wednesday.