The Red Lion Book Club (thread#3)

I finished Notes from an Exhibition today: really enjoyed it.

See you all soon.

Mocca, I have urgent DIY to do on Saturday, but if I manage to get it done in the morning I might pop in for a lemonade or two!

Hope you had a good birthday Mocca - sorry I couldn't make it

Finished the book a few days ago. See you all tomorrow night (Wed). Happy belated birthday Mocca.

G'day Ron, yep I muscled in my fave (sorry) as I think that will be my last meeting before I am shipped out of the country, boooo!!

Just on a personal note though Book Groupers, I am having a few birthday drinks at ...

Yes, very sad you are leaving, Mocca. I too will be moving away, but only to Nottingham, and I hope to still come to some of the book club meetings.

I have the Handmaid's Tale and will read it with interest.

Sorry I couldn't make the last meet. Was it a thumbs up?

Me and my girlfriend are interested in joining a book club. Can you explain whether you are looking for new members and when you meet and what we have to do to join.

Hi tripleg,

You and your girlfriend would be welcome to join us - new members are welcome. You don't have to do anything to join, except read the book and turn up ready to have a chat about it!

This month's book is The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. We'll be meeting at the Red Lion Pub, Charles Street at 7.30pm on Wednesday 3 September.

(Look for us in the atrium bit on a big table. We'll usually have a copy of the book on the table too, so you can identify us).

Was it a thumbs up?

I think the general consensus was "good; not the best we've read". What did you think, Ron?

Me and my girlfriend are interested in joining a book club. Can you explain whether you are looking for new members and when you meet and what we have to do to join.

Sorry, it's Wednesday the 3rd of SEPTEMBER for the next meeting.

I think the general consensus was "good; not the best we've read". What did you think, Ron?

I think everyone enjoyed Notes on an Exhibition but I think there was more debate on the relevance of certain characters and how large a part they played in the novel compared to whether we liked the writing style/storyline.

Thanks Mocca. I'm a complete idiot. :loopy: I've changed my post above so it says 3 September now to avoid any confusion!

This is why I never organise anything...because I always get it wrong.

Hi All

Sorry I didn't make it last time had planned to but work got in the way! Oh and Sarah was in Cornwall. Will definately both be back next time. btw I read Notes from an exhibition (in about 3 days as Sarah only returned it to me on the Sunday) and really enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it, Clare. You were both missed.