• tiscali
    • Wannadoo
    • Uk online
    • AOl
    • plus net
    • Other (please post the name)

seems like plusnet is a good one to choose

eclipse

same price as pipex, but unmetered (unlike pipex) with free activation and a free modem.

pretty much the same deal as the Pipex Solo 1000, but... pipex have introduced a FUP and eclipse are still unmetered.

also with eclipse you can pay by the hour to increase your speed. ala -- you pay £24 a month for 1mbps unmetered, but if that new linux dvd you want to grab has just come out you can pay (atm 5p an hour to boost to 2mbps - then drop back to 1mbps once its done - theyre soon to include an 8mbps boost :))

eclipse internet and nildram are the best for network speed, network connection and service. In my opinion. Compared to freeserve, aol, bt and another one I can't remember...

TalkTalk from the carphone warehouse is awesome - ive got 1mb broadband and its never crashed unlike when i had 500k broadband from wannadoo

I voted for other, ie Demon; - dont have any experience of other ISPs and apart from a few outages, typically for a few minutes, I've never had any problems with them.

However having read these threads, I am beginning to think they may be a little bit less than transparent about info they put out; when I wrote to ask them about increasing capacity because I'd received a better offer, they refused and said they had unrestricted use which other ISPs didnt provide.

From what I've been reading here that's clearly not true.

Very generously :suspect: (!!!) they've just written to advise that when BT up the system to 2MB then all customers will automatically be upgraded without any additional cost.

Pipex every time. May not be cheapest but speed, reliability and customer service are quality. Best by miles.

Anyone use Virgin?

....£14.99 per month but 512bps, contract for 1 month min, so chance to find out if any good.

im using virgin.net theyv bin exelent not had any downage an iv bin with em fro 5 years there cheap and theres no contrackt so u wana change then theres only a months notice u need to give

what isp's do uncapped boradband most of them seen to have usage limits now