• Bt
    • Bulldog
    • tiscali
    • Wannadoo
    • Uk online
    • AOl
    • plus net
    • Other (please post the name)

Nildram has been mentioned in a positive light a couple of times. Anyone else on Nildram? I'm considering migrating from Force9/plusnet due to connection problems, and Nildram offer a very similar package.

I went with them and haven't had ANY problems at all..

The Broadband2Go package is fine for my needs and if I go over my 2.5Gb cap I get an extra 99p for 1Gb of transfer limit (2Gb minimum)..

Considering its reliability and cost I really can't fault it...

edit: whoops. realised I was semi repeating myself there... Consider this a "month on" update :)

Since living in the new home, I'm with ic24 - an ISP (with around 10 others) under the Brightview Group - very good - top service - always on.

:)

Nildram has been mentioned in a positive light a couple of times. Anyone else on Nildram? I'm considering migrating from Force9/plusnet due to connection problems, and Nildram offer a very similar package.

I've been with them for years (about 3 or 4 now I think), and can honestly say that I've never been disconnected and the support staff are actually technically competent, and can deal with complex requests over the phone. There is also no slowdown during peak periods, but the downside is that you can get cheaper packages with more download quota elsewhere (I'm quite happy to pay for quality service/support). The package I'm on is Broadband 2, that gives 50 gig/month during the day for about £26 and unlimited downloads at night (at present I can get more than 1 1/2 DVDs worth of downloads a night, from tomorrow I'll be able to get much more as my exchange is being ADSL MAX enabled, and this'll mean an 8Mb connection for the same price). You also get limited Giganews access.

They also allow you to run a server from home (I use web, mail and ssh), and are competent enough service-wise to help you set and configure these - my ISP before them, Telewest, definitely weren't up to the same standard of support. They're also well know as the best ISP by far for gaming (due to pings being very low and Nilly owning Jolt, so connections to their servers are unbeatable).

Thanks Martin_s, and UKer. You've helped me make up my mind, Just a matter of getting Mac/migration thingy from force9 then. Lets hope the staff are up to the job :roll::hihi:

try metronet, its pay as you go broadband, and the price is capped not the bandwidth. So you won't get a nasty bill if you go overboard.

Metronet is +net... How they have destoyed one of the finest isp of all time :mad: :mad:

Newnet or Idnet....take a look on the ADSl forums

Broadband just used to be Broadband, fast connection at 512k with no restrictions of any sort on anything, other than the actual connection speed and the contention ratio.

Nowadays it means different things to different people ( and ISP's )To me it still means what it used to, which is why I'm with Zen, no restrictions whatsoever and a reliable 2mb connection. I download what I want, when I want and as often as I want.Costs me £35.00 a month but that's what I call broadband.

Virtually all the others will restrict your connection in some way, they call it prioritising , traffic shaping , fair usage , platform management and many other made up names , all of which will restrict your connection and allow them to drop the monthly cost.

So if you just want fast E.mail and browsing with the occasional fast download then by all means go for the £15.00 options, but if you want the proper 100% proof stuff with no snotty E.mails , no Peak and Off peak download limits or any of that Broadband Lite stuff, then go with Zen.

regards Mick

Zen & Nildram are about the 2 best ISPs in the country, I'd have either at a push...

I'm with Zen at the mo personally, & can't fault it. First couple of months I tried to get a rise out of them by trying to get at least 2GB a day to see if unlimited really meant that, & no problem. They also, like Nildram, have a call centre where the first person you get to will know what they're on about...

Zen & Nildram are about the 2 best ISPs in the country, I'd have either at a push...

I'm with Zen at the mo personally, & can't fault it. First couple of months I tried to get a rise out of them by trying to get at least 2GB a day to see if unlimited really meant that, & no problem. They also, like Nildram, have a call centre where the first person you get to will know what they're on about...

Yep... I'd agree with that..

As it goes, Zen were my second choice but I'd heard that a lot of Metronet refugees and others were headed for Zen, including a number of heavy users so I decided to opt for the less "fashionable" Nildram...

Still, nice to know there are other options if there should ever be something nasty like a buyout..