• Bt
    • Bulldog
    • tiscali
    • Wannadoo
    • Uk online
    • AOl
    • plus net
    • Other (please post the name)

NTL had to be in joint place with Plusnet (who didn't respond to my three letters of complaint), for dire service.

Currently with Virgin (aka NTL!) and they're adequate - yes it's a data-stream product, but adequate.

I'm with NTl and there not that bad getting a free speed upgrade soon

zen internet are one of the best around, not cheap, but you get what you pay for

I'm with pipex and have been for 2 years, not had a problem with them yet - touch wood!- but I phoned them the other week and told them I was going to go to metronet, cos they were cheaper, and they said we'll give you 2mpb at 17.99 instead of 1 at 23.99 . So I said go on then:D :D

Originally posted by t020

Yes, or just pay the same price for a higher limit in the first place. :loopy:

Think: Plusnet, for 2gb a month, would cost £15.74.

Freedom2surf, for 2gb a month, would cost £14.99.

It's not rocket science.

Of course there are other factors to consider, like reliability, customer service, etc, but despite the bias for Plusnet on this forum due to it being based in Sheffield, most reviews I've read would suggest Freedom2surf is the better ISP.

Actually you can go with PlusNet on the slightly different package, £14.99 per month for up to 2Mb speed, and no physical cap on your download limit.

The only difference between the PAYG andf the "Puls" package is that you get different features with Plus.

This combined with a 24hr helpline, and the fact that you can WATCH them at work (http://www.plus.net/webcams) gets my vote! How many other compnaies openly advertise their contention ratios? Or let you see inside their call center??

EDIT: And how do you get that Freedom to surf are a better ISP? How much is their phone support per minute? Do they call you back if you get cut off? Do they apologise for their mistakes and give you free credit as compensation??

Originally posted by wendygs

Anyone heard anything about http://www.now.com and if so what their thoughts are about it?

i cant say i have, i'd only ever personally go with a company thats been around a while, and who are recommended

Originally posted by Avalon

Actually you can go with PlusNet on the slightly different package, £14.99 per month for up to 2Mb speed, and no physical cap on your download limit.

The only difference between the PAYG andf the "Puls" package is that you get different features with Plus.

This combined with a 24hr helpline, and the fact that you can WATCH them at work (http://www.plus.net/webcams) gets my vote! How many other compnaies openly advertise their contention ratios? Or let you see inside their call center??

EDIT: And how do you get that Freedom to surf are a better ISP? How much is their phone support per minute? Do they call you back if you get cut off? Do they apologise for their mistakes and give you free credit as compensation??

I rang Plusnet up last week to see if I could get 2 Mb, seeing as my 12 month contract with Wanadoo is due to expire shortly, and they said all they could give me was 512k... FFS! Damn you BT for placing the local exchange for S6 in bleeding WADSLEY BRIDGE! Why not place it at Malin Bridge for instance?! Then it would be closer to Stannington! :rant:

Originally posted by Rich

I rang Plusnet up last week to see if I could get 2 Mb, seeing as my 12 month contract with Wanadoo is due to expire shortly, and they said all they could give me was 512k... FFS! Damn you BT for placing the local exchange for S6 in bleeding WADSLEY BRIDGE! Why not place it at Malin Bridge for instance?! Then it would be closer to Stannington! :rant:

Yeah BT are good at that. They are in the process of rolling-upgrading exchanges, so keep checking the broadband checker regularly, to see if they have bothered with yours!

Originally posted by Rich

I have the same problem, crappy exchange is too far away! :rant:

If there's any bad weather i.e thunderstorms my connection drops straight away! :rant:

Im paying £9.99 for tv and broadband with Telewest!!

ALL GOOD!!

Ive tried the rest and they all let me down!! Cable is the way!