• Bt
    • Bulldog
    • tiscali
    • Wannadoo
    • Uk online
    • AOl
    • plus net
    • Other (please post the name)

It still doesn't change the fact that F9/Plusnet/whatever you want to call them only include 1gb monthly bandwidth compared to Freedom2surf's 2gb for the same price.

Originally posted by t020

It still doesn't change the fact that F9/Plusnet/whatever you want to call them only include 1gb monthly bandwidth compared to Freedom2surf's 2gb for the same price.

Yeah, I read that too, but the 24hr service at F9 is important to me

Originally posted by Strix

Yeah, I read that too, but the 24hr service at F9 is important to me

More important that double the monthly bandwidth?! How often does it go wrong in the middle of the night for you to urgently need the 24hour support? Must be often if you place such high importance on it, in which case you'd be better off moving ISP.

More important that double the monthly bandwidth?! How often does it go wrong in the middle of the night for you to urgently need the 24hour support? Must be often if you place such high importance on it, in which case you'd be better off moving ISP.

Not often, but queueing during working hours when I'm not necessarily able to access my machine is not my idea of fun.

F9 suits me. It doesn't necessarily suit anybody else, but that's for them to decide. I can only provide info about what I know about. I can't evaluate your service provider because I've never used them :thumbsup:

I didn't mention dial-up. But to clarify: Move to F9

I know, but you also didn't ask me what I had signed up to Freedom2Surf from, and said that F9 would have been free connection for me which wasn't the case.

At the end of the day if you want to sit at 4am on the phone to customer services its entirely up to you. However I much prefer my bed at that time in the morning.

Originally posted by Skatiechik

I know, but you also didn't ask me what I had signed up to Freedom2Surf from, and said that F9 would have been free connection for me which wasn't the case.

At the end of the day if you want to sit at 4am on the phone to customer services its entirely up to you. However I much prefer my bed at that time in the morning.

I wasn't to know you were recently languishing in the dark ages. You could have mentioned it yourself!

And I'd expect to be able to at least make calls to my ISP in the evening. Office hours only is horriblyinconvenient - especially when you're trying to get set up and running

I wasn't to know you were recently languishing in the dark ages. You could have mentioned it yourself!

And I'd expect to be able to at least make calls to my ISP in the evening. Office hours only is horriblyinconvenient - especially when you're trying to get set up and running

Wonder what the statistics are nowadays for the percentage of people still on dialup and those on broadband, or got forbrid those who haven't found the internet yet.

I was being sarcastic wth the 4am bit ;) Each ISP suits other people, my criteria was a static IP address free connection and unlimited. However when I did compare PlusNet and Freedom2Surf on http://www.adslguide.org, Freedom came out on top.

Go here: http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/co..._action=Compare

In every category and in every month, Freedom2Surf rates higher (even in customer service).

I doubt it would rate so much higher in the customer service category if their customers weren't happy. Stop being so biased just because Plusnet is in Sheffield!

Well excuse us for wanting to support local business.

Muppet.

Originally posted by Skatiechik

I was being sarcastic wth the 4am bit ;) Each ISP suits other people, my criteria was a static IP address free connection and unlimited. However when I did compare PlusNet and Freedom2Surf on http://www.adslguide.org, Freedom came out on top.

Ahhh, I thought you were commenting on the time of some of my posts :rolleyes:;)

Glad you found an ISP that suits your needs :thumbsup:

I think you're more techie than me

Originally posted by Rich

Well excuse us for wanting to support local business.

Muppet.

Don't brand me a "muppet" for offering an unbiased viewpoint. I'm all for supporting local businesses, but only if the service they provide is at least as good quality and cost effective as rivals.

Don't brand me a "muppet" for offering an unbiased viewpoint.

:hihi: There's a first :hihi:

i know there have been topics previously. but as things change daily on broadband and prices so i have posted this.

i am gettin chucked off talk talk for using the service too much..(a unlimited service apparantly)

need to find a new isp. no more then £25 a month, unlimited downloading. 1meg prob...but more if more is available for the price :)

ideas?