Megathread - Help me find out who killed my Mum - Patricia Grainger

Rip your mam

its terrible this person hasnt been caught after all this time , although you see the police still catching ppl from the seventies etc so theres hope pal

Yes i hope they do so.

i've read about your plight so many times and every time it brings a tear to my eye. Your mum would be so proud of you, your such a strong willed passionate young man and i hope you manage to see these despicable people locked away for the rest of their miserable lives.

i will join the group and pass this on to as many people as i can think of. most of my family are born and bread from around the area where this happened and still live not far away now i'm sure they'll be interesed in your story.

Thank you curious, so much means alot.

Danny :)

I remember pat, should used to go to my sisters house back in the mid 90's. Suprised no one has been caught yet after all these years.

I`ve joined aswell Danny.

Your mum wil be so proud of what you are doing, I hope one day justice is served on this scum. xx

I just wanted to say thank you to the forumers i met in town on saturday while doing a leaflet campaign on highstreet, thanks all for your lovely comments and also to those who took part in the documentary side of it. and also thank you to anyone who took the time to read the leaflet and chat with us.

Danny.

Just to let you all know on Friday 5th March 2010 at 7:30PM on Channel 4 the case about my mum Patricia Grainger will be featured in a documentary about disability hate crime the documentary is called 'Sticks&Stones' if you have time to watch it that would be great. The documentary is about disabled people who are bullied/abused about there condition by other people, my mums case is featured in the documentary as before she was murdered she herself although she was loved my many people received allot of verbal aswel as psyical abuse by people in the area.

In the documentary Adults with disabilities speak out about their experiences of hate crime and question a society that continues to do nothing to protect them. Public attention was drawn to the issue of disability hate crime after the tragedy of Fiona Pilkington, a mother who killed herself and her disabled daughter in October 2007, after a decade... See more of abuse from local teenagers and no help from the authorities. It was said that the Pilkington case had provided a watershed moment to move disability hate crime up the public agenda, yet more often than not the voices of those who are persecuted because of their disability go unheard.

Hi Daniel, I've kept up to date with your story ever since it began but have not commented till now. The work you are doing, the time and effort you are putting in to publicise this case is phenomenal. You are a true hero, your mother god bless her, will be smiling and guiding you.

Ever since I saw this on the news and then saw your thread about it on SF I've kept reading to see if anyone was caught for this horrible crime. I have joined your facebook group and passed it on to everyone I know, I hope and pray the evil, scum that did this is caught and bought to justice. You are a shining light Dan, keep up the good work mate and it'll pay off in the end. You have everyone in Sheffield and South Yorkshire and no doubt beyond right behind you. :thumbsup:

2 years now since starting the campaign, still nobody has been arrested but i have recently been told by the police officer investigatin the case 'We are still doing a few enquiries at present but this is mainly elimination of DNA and personally I do not expect this to lead to any new suspects.'

But who knows where it may lead as always i will continue to keep the website alive and appear in futher news paper articles ect when they come along until one day hopefully someone will be caught :D Fingers crossed.

Hi Daniel, I've kept up to date with your story ever since it began but have not commented till now. The work you are doing, the time and effort you are putting in to publicise this case is phenomenal. You are a true hero, your mother god bless her, will be smiling and guiding you.

Ever since I saw this on the news and then saw your thread about it on SF I've kept reading to see if anyone was caught for this horrible crime. I have joined your facebook group and passed it on to everyone I know, I hope and pray the evil, scum that did this is caught and bought to justice. You are a shining light Dan, keep up the good work mate and it'll pay off in the end. You have everyone in Sheffield and South Yorkshire and no doubt beyond right behind you. :thumbsup:

:D Thank you Lestat

My fingers are firmly crossed for you, it would be wonderful for you to get some closure after all of these years...keep the updates coming Danny :)

My fingers are firmly crossed for you, it would be wonderful for you to get some closure after all of these years...keep the updates coming Danny :)

Thank you Moonbird, :D any updates i get SF will be the first place i post it, hope the next update is not too long away and is something to be happy about :)

Danny , I also have followed this thread, and wish you loads of luck and love in your mission x

Yes, seconded:- continued good wises, Danny, for success in your campaign.

Keep going, if there,s any justice in the world one day you will get the answer you seek x