Megathread - Help me find out who killed my Mum - Patricia Grainger

My heart always leaps when this is updated...one day it will be the update that we are all waiting for, keep trying Danny...thinking of you x

I want a like button for comments like this, Moonbird.

Agreed, totally, Moonbird. The sooner the "expletives" who did this are found and brought to justice, the better.

I hope it is sooner, rather than later.

Hi Danny

I've only recently moved to sheffield recently (2 years) but both myself and my wife have worked extensively with children with disabilities and special educational needs (SEN) and so feel very strongly about disability hate crimes and how wrong they are.

In my option it is far worse than racism due to this being a set of people who need support and it is just sick when people discriminate. As a current teacher I try my best to educate all children to treat all people but particularly any with additional needs with the respect they deserve.

I think your mum would be extremely proud of your efforts here and you can tell by reading this thread that people of sheffield are behind your and totally condemn this person's action.

Thats awful and I hope they one day catch the scumbag who did it.

Dont give up Danny

Ive recreated the facebook page for my mum's campaign i'd be greatful if you could like and share:

www.facebook.com/whokilledmymum

My heart always leaps when this is updated...one day it will be the update that we are all waiting for, keep trying Danny...thinking of you x

Thanks moonbird i hope its one day soon x

Mine does too, and I cant believe its been 16 years, still remember the day when I heard, Id known Patty since nursery & couldn't believe it as Id only seen her a few days before, she used to spend a lot of time around the maisonettes where I lived.

Good luck Danny, I still hope and pray that one day I will see the headlines that they have caught this fiend, after all he is still out there, possibly still in the area!!!!

Nexusdee could you inbox me where you saw her the few days before

I wont robbo thanks

Hi Danny

I've only recently moved to sheffield recently (2 years) but both myself and my wife have worked extensively with children with disabilities and special educational needs (SEN) and so feel very strongly about disability hate crimes and how wrong they are.

In my option it is far worse than racism due to this being a set of people who need support and it is just sick when people discriminate. As a current teacher I try my best to educate all children to treat all people but particularly any with additional needs with the respect they deserve.

I think your mum would be extremely proud of your efforts here and you can tell by reading this thread that people of sheffield are behind your and totally condemn this person's action.

Thanks andy i feel the support of all from sheffield forum

Hi Danny, I'm sure the truth will come out one day, I have liked the Facebook page.

Keep fighting mate - I hope you will get the answers you desperately need soon.

It only needs one person to make the phone call. Someone knows what happened and I hope that sooner or later guilt will get the better of them and they will make the call to Crimestoppers.

Good luck.

Wishing you luck on your quest for justice. X

Good luck Danny, liked and shared your FB page :)

Just had a look at and shared your updated links Danny. Hope they make a difference. Good luck.

Edited by nikki-red

Just providing a quick update, I have updated the outdated links on the main thread post.

Recently it has been publicised that South Yorkshire police have discarded of all my mums possessions and even the clothes she was wearing.

We are no seeking legal advice regarding this.

As for the appeal it is still going strong.

This week its been in the star twice, On Hallam FM and Should be on calendar news tonight. I will also be at BBC radio Sheffield tomorrow.

You can see any updates on any of the below.

Facebook page (Most active)

Twitter page (Just Joined)

My Website Blog (For those who don't use facebook or twitter)

My website

Sorry its taken me a while to reply to your comments but I will now below.

Hi Danny, I'm sure the truth will come out one day, I have liked the Facebook page.

Thank you for liking my page dongle its really appreciated.

Keep fighting mate - I hope you will get the answers you desperately need soon.

It only needs one person to make the phone call. Someone knows what happened and I hope that sooner or later guilt will get the better of them and they will make the call to Crimestoppers.

Good luck.

Thank you andy I won't stop fighting for justice :) and yeah that's what i'm hoping the guilt will get to them.

Wishing you luck on your quest for justice. X

Thank you bluey :)

Good luck Danny, liked and shared your FB page :)

Thank you moonbird and thank you for sharing its really appreciated :) Danny

---------- Post added 10-08-2014 at 11:17 ----------

Just had a look at and shared your updated links Danny. Hope they make a difference. Good luck.

Thank you nikki :)

Has this case been on Crimewatch, if not, shouldn't the police be arranging that? It sounds like this is exactly the type of case they are good a solving.

(Sorry if this has already been suggested)

I will share it on my work FB.

It makes me angry that those responsible are still free, God only knows how Danny and the family feel.

Great to see the dedication to keep it in the public eye.

Has this case been on Crimewatch, if not, shouldn't the police be arranging that? It sounds like this is exactly the type of case they are good a solving.

(Sorry if this has already been suggested)

I will share it on my work FB.

It makes me angry that those responsible are still free, God only knows how Danny and the family feel.

Great to see the dedication to keep it in the public eye.

That's part of our argument in the last appeal we have been asking the police since 2008 to feature my mums case on crimewatch, we was told in 2008 they didn't have enough police to handle all the nuisance calls that story recently change into they haven't said no to doing it, its just not planned in the near future as far as they are concern but as a family we believe its down to they don't want to show how much they really have messed up in the investigation thank you for your kind words danny