Tinsley in the 50's and 60's

Hi again serelle, you are definatley correct with the address, I was a mate of Teddys and used to call there on a regular basis.

I lost contact with Teddy years ago and have since been told he died in or around 1980 but can't find any information regarding his death.

There must be someone out there who has some information which would confirm or not whether he has died.

Are you on Facebook John? Have you tried to find any old friends on there who might know, or any relations of Teddys maybe.....I can't remember seeing any relatives at their house, but you never know - good luck x

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 13:41 ----------

Or on Friends Reunited perhaps....

I don't do Facebook or Friends Reunited - perhaps someone out there can have a look.

Many thanks serelle

Hi I am also trying to find Teddy Whitehead. Just wondered if anyone has any photos of Teddy or knows what happend to him. Have heard that he was in a really bad accident in late 70's early 80's. I am a relative that has lost contact. If you can help please pm me.

Hi I used to live on highgate in one of the cotages untill I got married and then I lived on Ferars drive and I went to the tinsley county school left there in 1955 i would like to talk to anybody whow remembers me Brian Hampson

Hi I am not on face book one thing I can tell you I was back in 2010 and I thought I high had landed in a another country Tinsley as changed and not for the better Ivisited a friend whow lives on Ferrars Drive Iknow for now I left tinsley in 1974 was the right move Brian

Hi Serelle, I used to be afriend of Elizabeth Drabble because my grandmother used to live next door to her at No 3 Dundas Rd, I used to live at 113 Dundas and was in the same class as Mavis and Janet Booth

hi Tez,

Was your grandma Mrs Cowell cos I remember her living in that yard, she was really nice, I think she worked at Darwins like my dad .....her garden was full of marigolds and she used to let me and Lizzie hunt for Caterpillars in them! I was also in the same class as Mavis and Janet so we must know each other.....I can remember a lot of the others in the class too, Serelle is only my name on here so if you want to pm me we could have a chat xx

Hi Serelle, it was great to see your reply. My grandma was Lillian Myers who lived at No 3, Mrs Cowell lived at No 5. I am unable to send you a pm because the site will not allow me until I have put 5 posts on the forum. PS: I have an old class photograph from Tinsley infants which you must be on, I can remember about 10 of the 38 class mates. When I have put a few more posts on the site I will be able to pm you and send an email with attached photo, and my real name. Regards.

Hi do you remember the ferns they lived 39 Dundas rd I married there daughter Hazel

I lived in Tinsley up to 1961. 1954 i went in the services.

I lived on Ferrars rd. as did Ken Dawson D Smyth and others.

Ken is my dad