Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

Yellow lines have to be put on the roads feeding into Middlewood Road, I live on Dorothy Road and it will serve two functions:

It is clearly unsafe, people don't know the clearway sign so park in front of it anyway, coming off Middlewood Road to get into Dorothy Road when there are cars parked either side creates the potential danger of being caught out when there is a car coming down the road, you can't go up the road due to the parked cars, you can't go back onto Middlewood Road because it is busy and in the worst case there is a tram coming. Also it creates very unsafe situations for the plentiful pedestrians crossing the roads as they have bad view of the side roads.

Secondly it is a pain in the neck for visitors/workmen that come to the house, they don't know the sign either and in seven years we have had three workmen ticketed, I always try to remind them not to park there but it isn't necessarily the first thing on your mind.

We voted for the parking scheme to be introduced on Dorothy Road, not due to match traffic, but because between the church and the bowling green there is always something on meaning there are always people parking here, at times making it difficult for us residents to find a suitable parking space.

These roads were not designed with cars in mind and it is up to the council to ensure safety, it certainly didn't help that the car-park for Hillsborough park has now been made into paid parking (without consulting afaik), all this has done is move that traffic to the Middlewood Road side-streets.

Who owns the land where the P&R is situated?

PTE usually own the land on which they build park and ride car parks.

PTE usually own the land on which they build park and ride car parks.

So who actually owns the land in question?

So who actually owns the land in question?

probably the pte

Yellow lines have to be put on the roads feeding into Middlewood Road, I live on Dorothy Road and it will serve two functions:

It is clearly unsafe, people don't know the clearway sign so park in front of it anyway, coming off Middlewood Road to get into Dorothy Road when there are cars parked either side creates the potential danger of being caught out when there is a car coming down the road, you can't go up the road due to the parked cars, you can't go back onto Middlewood Road because it is busy and in the worst case there is a tram coming. Also it creates very unsafe situations for the plentiful pedestrians crossing the roads as they have bad view of the side roads.

Secondly it is a pain in the neck for visitors/workmen that come to the house, they don't know the sign either and in seven years we have had three workmen ticketed, I always try to remind them not to park there but it isn't necessarily the first thing on your mind.

We voted for the parking scheme to be introduced on Dorothy Road, not due to match traffic, but because between the church and the bowling green there is always something on meaning there are always people parking here, at times making it difficult for us residents to find a suitable parking space.

These roads were not designed with cars in mind and it is up to the council to ensure safety, it certainly didn't help that the car-park for Hillsborough park has now been made into paid parking (without consulting afaik), all this has done is move that traffic to the Middlewood Road side-streets.

I'm sorry but this will not stop people who visit the church or the park .A permit does not mean you get a parking space on your rd .People will still be able to park for 2 hrs and in the evening .A permit scheme will not help you in this case .

People like you unfortunately fall for introducing a parking zone syndrome lets make hillsborough a no parking zone so no one can enjoy the park etc without paying in either the car park or on the surrounding street the council love people like you but like I've said before YOU choose to live in the area so why should people who pay for road fund licence insurance etc etc have to pay again just cos you don't like it don't forget the so called builders visitors and utilities etc that come to your house will need you to supply a ticket for them to come to your house DONT forget over time Prices only go up.

People who vote for a parking zone should be the only ones that pay those that don't want one shouldn't have to pay at all YOU WANT ONE YOU PAY END OF .

I used to live on Dorothy Road about 10 years ago and the biggest parking nuisance (and indeed noise nuisance) was the bowling club, followed by the football. I dare say it has got worse since then (and the council making all the bays along the main road one hour or two hour only won't have helped either) but there's still no way I'd ever vote for a parking permit zone if I still lived there.

I believe the car park in question has had money spent on it by the football club, hence they have an agreement to use it on match days. The parking charges at other times have nothing to do with SWFC, all Sheffield parks now seem to have meters.

Correct, and I believe the club also contributed (or paid) for the tennis courts area to be upgraded.

perhaps a return to the potholed puddles parking area would be preferred?

I used to live on Dorothy Road about 10 years ago and the biggest parking nuisance (and indeed noise nuisance) was the bowling club, followed by the football. I dare say it has got worse since then (and the council making all the bays along the main road one hour or two hour only won't have helped either) but there's still no way I'd ever vote for a parking permit zone if I still lived there.

That's what is so wrong with the system is that on a road of say 100 if 51 voted for it and 49 was against it it would be brought in so you would have NO choice but to pay and that can't be right!!!!

Basically the permit zone is the same as being forced to buy a lottery ticket with no guarantee of winning. Before a permit zone is introduced a resident had no Guarantee of a parking spot ,but even after the council have forced them to buy a permit they still have NO guarantee of a parking spot. So basically they are being forced to pay a whopping £36 for NOTHING. They are no better off than they were before. Then they decide to DOUBLE the charge for business`s . Why ? Its nothing more than a parking Tax to fill the councils piggy bank.

Why do people live in these areas that are well known for been busy instead of moaning just move instead of inflicting charges on everyone else so frustrating as if we don't pay enough to the council in taxes etc

People like you unfortunately fall for introducing a parking zone syndrome lets make hillsborough a no parking zone so no one can enjoy the park etc without paying in either the car park or on the surrounding street the council love people like you but like I've said before YOU choose to live in the area so why should people who pay for road fund licence insurance etc etc have to pay again just cos you don't like it don't forget the so called builders visitors and utilities etc that come to your house will need you to supply a ticket for them to come to your house DONT forget over time Prices only go up.

People who vote for a parking zone should be the only ones that pay those that don't want one shouldn't have to pay at all YOU WANT ONE YOU PAY END OF .

Please don't get personal, we're all allowed to express our opinions, especially those of us who live in the affected area.

We moved here just a few years ago, we were quite aware of the parking issues. We had two cars and when we came to live in an area well served by public transport, we got rid of one of them. The tram was a major reason we picked Hillsborough. I make sure I know when home matches are on, and don't take the car out then. However, people driving into the area should respect the residents who live here.

My dislike of match day parking has nothing to do with the number of cars, its the way they are parked. Some motorists appear to abandon their vehicles across junctions - so double yellows on the corners have to be an improvement. I also understand what tzijlstra means about parking at the bottom of Dorothy, Lennox etc. I regularly see cars with tickets on the windscreen because they have parked beyond the 'No stopping clearway' sign. Its clear in the highway code that they shouldn't, but its pretty obvious that lots of drivers don't know that. And as mumkin points out, its illegal.

Its unlikely parking permits will be introduced onto our road, we certainly voted against it as we normally have no real parking issues.