Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

A note to all the residents who have purchased parking permits: It is a permit to park within the scheme. It is not an exclusive right for you and only you to park directly outside your property. :rant:

A note to all the residents who have purchased parking permits: It is a permit to park within the scheme. It is not an exclusive right for you and only you to park directly outside your property. :rant:

Well it should do :rant:

pity it doesn't limit houses on terrace streets to one permit as well.

Well, my proud record is that I have not contributed one penny to that profit, simply by not going to the areas affected any more. It's like speed cameras, if you don't speed you don't pay, and similarly if you don't park there, you don't pay either.

well usually someone will come to your house with a quwstionnaire or you will recieve posted consultation on the parking scheme. We had it on my road, also in hillsborough, and the street voted against it i think so our road wont be having it now.

I personally think its a good idea though as its something that i was used to when i lived in London. The London scheme also applied limits to how many permits each house can have - one of the problems with terraces in Hills, is that many rental shared houses have 2-3 cars all trying to park outside one house. Some family terraces have 2 cars. Its just not fair on the neighbours to have so many cars at a property. Buy a house with a drive if you have so many cars.

I see the council are back out trying to fleece us for more money to park our cars in Hillsborough.

I've received the leaflet saying how wonderful the scheme is etc, but girly has managed to put the response card in the post.

What's the best way to lodge my objection to the scheme?

Is anyone in the newly consulted areas on here in favour of it?

We live in Hillsborough and when we were originally asked our opinion some time last year, we said we didn't want it.

However, what we didn't realise is that we weren't actually being asked if we wanted the scheme to be in place, we were being asked if we wanted to be included in the properties being offered permits. We said no, so did many of our neighbours.

The scheme then went ahead, the residents at the end of the road have permits and the rest of us don't. We now, regularly have no where to park at all and have to resort to paying to park in the bays served by pay and display machines.

We have just had our review letter through and have asked to now be given the option of buying a permit.

The street is filled every day with the cars of people who work in the shops on middlewood road and also people getting the tram. It is sooo annoying!!!

I think that all cars that park on the road 4 nights or more out of 7 on a routine basis should have parking permits City wide. I would like the fee to be £20 per month for residential areas and £40 per month for main roads so car owners can be kept up to date with road maintenance issues.

Edited by SportsTrophy

We live in Hillsborough and when we were originally asked our opinion some time last year, we said we didn't want it.

However, what we didn't realise is that we weren't actually being asked if we wanted the scheme to be in place, we were being asked if we wanted to be included in the properties being offered permits. We said no, so did many of our neighbours.

The scheme then went ahead, the residents at the end of the road have permits and the rest of us don't. We now, regularly have no where to park at all and have to resort to paying to park in the bays served by pay and display machines.

We have just had our review letter through and have asked to now be given the option of buying a permit.

The street is filled every day with the cars of people who work in the shops on middlewood road and also people getting the tram. It is sooo annoying!!!

The annoying thing is that the council know that roads outside the scheme will suffer when a scheme is implemented because of displacement.

Cars unable/unwilling to park in bays within the scheme are displaced to the nearest road(s) outside the scheme as Planner 1 has stated previously in this or another parking related thread.

No doubt you will find that the council will extend the scheme to cover the rest of your road when they have finished their review - have a bill for £20/£40for your permit thank you very much.

The only winners are the council - they have implemented a scheme that has inconvenienced you for the best part of a year, forcing you to ask to be included in the scheme now and pay a yearly surcharge for the benefit of this.

Meanwhile, the cars that used to park on your road before it was in the scheme are now displaced to the next road. The problem doesn't disappear, it moves elsewhere but hey, the council are quids in as they can charge people for parking in the area of the scheme. They could do this 12 months ago, for free, before the scheme was implemented.

They'll charge us for using the footpaths and breathing next.

The annoying thing is that the council know that roads outside the scheme will suffer when a scheme is implemented because of displacement.

Yes and they tell the residents exactly that in the consultation process. That's why originally, they consulted over a much wider area, but the residents in the wider area decided they didn't want a scheme.

Yes and they tell the residents exactly that in the consultation process. That's why originally, they consulted over a much wider area, but the residents in the wider area decided they didn't want a scheme.

But no mention of it in the review pamphlet that they have sent out.