Van Nistelrooys Goal v Italy

Apparantley Horseface's goal was allowed and legal because an italian played him onside even though he was off the field of play on the floor behind the goal.

Due to new Uefa rulings the player is still considered active even though he is off the field

What a load of crock............its Uefa cocking up football again

He slid off the field before and decided to stay there for some silly reason, the ref didnt give him permission to leave the field for treatment etc so he is still active. Anyone with any footy knowledge would have told you that. How many times do you see players running over the throw in line chasing the ball.

And its not a `new ruling` its been in force for ages, its just never had to be used.

He slid off the field before and decided to stay there for some silly reason, the ref didnt give him permission to leave the field for treatment etc so he is still active. Anyone with any footy knowledge would have told you that. How many times do you see players running over the throw in line chasing the ball.

And its not a `new ruling` its been in force for ages, its just never had to be used.

I'd agree with that. There was nothing to stop the player dashing back on the pitch and being active again.

"Anyone who knows anything about football" knows that Panucci was not playing Horseface onside,he was not between Buffon and Nistelrooy,he was sparko laid on his back BEHIND THE GOAL after colliding with his keeper

How the hell can that be considered to be active:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Because he was free to enter the field of play at any point without the referee having to stop play. I'm sure had his face not been bashed, he would have done that too. I can't see what the problem is, Holland scored two more goals that would have stood.

"Anyone who knows anything about football" knows that Panucci was not playing Horseface onside,he was not between Buffon and Nistelrooy,he was sparko laid on his back BEHIND THE GOAL after colliding with his keeper

Give up on the footy threads fella, cos your knowledge is very poor and you lie. If you actually watched the game, Panucci was on his front,not knocked unconscious on his back. I`ll accept your apology for lack of knowledge in due course.

Learn the rules an all before you waste my time again.

Give up on the footy threads fella, cos your knowledge is very poor and you lie. If you actually watched the game, Panucci was on his front,not knocked unconscious on his back. I`ll accept your apology for lack of knowledge in due course.

Learn the rules an all before you waste my time again.

My knowledge is THAT poor im 5 pts ahead of you in Euro predictions and i won Round 1

Will not be accepting your half hearted apology cos i aint arsed about it,or you for that matter

And clever dick,save up and buy a copy of todays Sun Newspaper

Panucci is laid out on his BACK hands covering his nose at the precise moment the ball crossed the line

You obviously wasnt watching the game,or if you were......YOU NEED GLASSES

And learn to read kiddo,i said he was sparko...NOT unconscious

Now put your hat back on and go and sit in the corner like a good little boy

It doesn't really matter what you think though does it, as the rules are very clear.

Apparantley Horseface's goal was allowed and legal because an italian played him onside even though he was off the field of play on the floor behind the goal.

Due to new Uefa rulings the player is still considered active even though he is off the field

What a load of crock............its Uefa cocking up football again

As soon as you cross the white line and the ref blows his whistle - you are in active play, until you have permission to leave the field. This is a very old rule

Simple really....

My knowledge is THAT poor im 5 pts ahead of you in Euro predictions and i won Round 1

Will not be accepting your half hearted apology cos i aint arsed about it,or you for that matter

And clever dick,save up and buy a copy of todays Sun Newspaper

Panucci is laid out on his BACK hands covering his nose at the precise moment the ball crossed the line

You obviously wasnt watching the game,or if you were......YOU NEED GLASSES

And learn to read kiddo,i said he was sparko...NOT unconscious

Now put your hat back on and go and sit in the corner like a good little boy

Brilliant! :hihi:

As soon as you cross the white line and the ref blows his whistle - you are in active play, until you have permission to leave the field. This is a very old rule

Simple really....

When I took my refs badge (many moons ago) we were taught to imagine the defender was stood on the line at the point he'd crossed it.

Maybe it escaped your attention, but the Euro predictions competition is a guessing game. You don't get points for knowledge.