"Fun" Fair in Endcliffe Park = Crime Wave

well said canavan you are right 100%.i worked on the gaff for a number of years and 99.9% of the lads and showmen were honest.yes we got into the odd fight or two but only to protect our property etc.we didnt have time to get drunk we were to hard working,

Some of the locals have now complained about the owner of the fair allowing cars to park on the grass in the park last weekend. It will not be allowed this weekend, so their drives and roads will be full instead. If this is what they realy want, lets hope they get blocked in this weekend and then they will wish they had never complained.

As for the residents of Firth Park area who glad to see the fair has gone, do they not relize the owner of the fair has just sponsered banners etc out of his own pocket for their forthcoming festival.

Some of the locals have now complained about the owner of the fair allowing cars to park on the grass in the park last weekend. It will not be allowed this weekend, so their drives and roads will be full instead. If this is what they realy want, lets hope they get blocked in this weekend and then they will wish they had never complained.

As for the residents of Firth Park area who glad to see the fair has gone, do they not relize the owner of the fair has just sponsered banners etc out of his own pocket for their forthcoming festival.

never please anyone honnestly the area around endcliffe park has been replaced by some very snooty nimby crowd

The funfair is by far the best 'invader' Endcliffe Park has all year, a traditional family afternoon out that the kids really enjoy. Yes, the Park has been overrun recently with spurious, unpopular events but please leave the fair alone. And as for all those people complaining about the people the fair attracts, the fair was coming here when the area wasn't full of stuck up snobs and, hopefully, it always will.

I'm in agreement with that, well apart from the bit about the area being "full of stuck up snobs". The fair is a nice trditional event that should be encouraged, unlike some of the other events that the park has been used for.

I just wish they would bring back the big free council bonfire and firework display, that was a fantastic event.

I live on eccy rd and since there arrival we've had a shed load of "scrap" metal stolen, nuff said

right i sick and fed up of this crap about fairs i have posted before the is very dry for starters the park has a fair and circus so get used to it .

not to sound rude but if you have something to say then can i have it in english please!

not to sound rude but if you have something to say then can i have it in english please!

sounding very rude to me .http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/images/smilies/rant.gif

:rant:

I live on eccy rd and since there arrival we've had a shed load of "scrap" metal stolen, nuff said

ENGLISH ITS NOT THE FAIRS FAULT HAVE U GOT IT . do u actually read want funfairboss has actually said or not he has gone a long way to defend his business because of narrowminded people like yourself .

Scrap metal........

Oh i see and what exactly would we want with that Tony ? Do you think we are going to build a new ride from it ?

I have to say that some of the posts on here are just plain stupid.

I can understand some of the local grievances, yes we are responsible for a small increase in noise, yes we are responsible for an increase in public activity in the area on the days we are open, yes there may be a few more cars parked up, and yes we know that we can attract some undesirables. These are valid reasons for locals to protest about our presence, but in the main to put these things into perspective we are usually only open for upto 4 days on any one ground. Okay sometimes a little longer in the holidays or if we have a 2 week stay, but even then we dont normally open every day.

With regards to all the above we work with local authorities, at the end of the day it is their decision which grounds we can open on, it is their decision as to the car parking arrangements, and it is even their decision about our opening hours. They are the ones that put the conditions in place. We just open in line with their conditions.

The only thing we cant control fully, although we have put measures in place, such as police presences and security, is the people that come to the fair. The troublesomes youths do have parents, somewhere, why doesnt society start to make them repsonsilble for their kids actions. I always know where my kids are even though they are older teenagers, if they dont have a place to go, they dont go, quite simple really.

We hate to be associated with the "bad" element of the travelling community, as much as joe public would, the difference being that because we live in caravans throughout our working season narrow minded people like Tony assume we are all the same. I wonder if he thinks the same way about Caravanners in general. Do they become ***** / pikeys/ thieves when they go on holiday ?

For every one person like Tony there are 10 others thankfully, otherwise we would indeed live in a sad sad world. I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say, and i know many others feel the same, that there is no greater feeling in this business, than when you see a greta big beaming smile on a little childs face. That is a pleasure, and that is what makes our jobs worthwhile !

I think funfairboss there are many wind up merchants on here u have no life and rather take the mickey out of someones spelling .

Mod note:

If one or two individuals don't start communicating their points respectfully, then the thread will be closed and bans may be issued.

It's perfectly possible to have a conversation without resorting to insults.