Anyone else had their gas bill this morning?

My gas bill said

Thank you for paying by direct debit, you recieve the maximum discount

You owe us £200.40

Your monthly payments need to increase to £50.00

You do not need to do anything, we have made all the necessary arrangements.

There was also a note saying I would recieve 2 free low energy lamps (which arrived a couple of days ago).

Mike

I have just got my gas bill for the quarter £330 :o Anyone else?

£130, was what mine was, :D (not bad, at all considering how much I was in debt to the fuel company, only three years ago:- £1,000+ I'm feeling very proud that I have managed to clear that amount off in a relatively short time)

Ours just arrived for £933!

Its normally only around £100 so it seems someone has added an extra 3!

Rang up about it earlier and got it sorted :)

DO NOT USE NPOWER!

We switched to a much cheaper 1 yesterday and would not go back to Npower ever again.

Got my gas bill this morning in, credit, Bill then said increase your payments by £15 per month. Rang them up and asked them if should send the bill to Gordon Brown with a request for a £15 per month increase in my pension.

No chance.

my bill is £25 per month DD, don't have gas, just electric.

I've been a tight ass and refused to have the heating on since my last bill which was £320, so was pleased when my new bill for £46 arrived :D

Then I realised it was an estimate and have calculated I owe them £100 :(

I've been a tight ass and refused to have the heating on since my last bill which was £320, so was pleased when my new bill for £46 arrived :D

my bills was like that so i sked for a payment meter fited i pay for wot we use

i find it works out ok

my bills was like that so i sked for a payment meter fited i pay for wot we use

i find it works out ok

The only problem is that prepayment meters charge you more overall generally.

I might try this - I never turn the heating on anyway, it makes much more sense to just put on a jumper but my brother insists on having the heating on :|

Our combined bill with NPower was just over £700 for the quarter, they increased our payments from £80 a month to £120 a month. At out old house that was the same size we only paid £260 combined for the quarter and used to even get a rebate, so I dont know how £700 is justified.

We have since switched, gave the new company the meter readings and details of the usage from our last bill with NPower and they have set our new monthly payments at £57 combined.

Oh and Npower are absolutely useless and their customer service stinks. When we called to cancel we were told not to cancel the direct debit until they had taken the final payment - we said "Fine". They sent us a bill saying how much each part of the bill was and the date it would be taken. We then get a final reminder in the week for the gas part of the bill stating a debt collector would be calling and we will have our details passed onto credit lists etc. We called and queried this and asked why the payment had been taken for the gas but not the electric. Npowers answer was that although it is a duel fuel account, each part of the bill is generated separately for a final account so when they take the money by DD for one part they cant then call for the other as they only have the right to take one payment in a month.

How ludicrous is this when normally they just take your monthly fee and that covers both parts of the bill. I mean how many other people have dual fuel accounts with them? It wasn't so bad for us as we were able to pay to get rid of them once and for all, but there will some people who will be terrified receiving a threatening letter like that.:rant:

we are with N power, I tried to lower the monthly payment they set for us after the huge bill, I tried to explain about the gas leak from the dodgy gas fitter from gas flair. But they would not let me. I would like to know who people have decided to swap over to, I did try to use one of those comparison sites but they kept saying n power was the cheapest :D