Aston Woodhouse High School

Hi Everyone I was at Aston School from 62 to 66 was in a car following Bowler when the car crashed what a waste of a great friend. I was in class B1 I can remember Susan Barns we actually went dancing at the Miners Welfare club I had a real crush on her and bought some dancing shoes I think it lasted 2 weeks oh young love others I remember David Bannister, Roy Bailey, always won the cross country races, my best friend was Rob Plowman,Alan Goy,Rob Green,graham birkett, Kathleen Harrison great blonde hair,Gordon Wooley what a character never ever did his home work, i would't be surprised if he's in politics now. I have been wrapped over the knuckles a few times by Mrs Horner copying text from the blackboard was sooo boring

think i remember you - i am linda trehearn that was and i was a friend of suzanne barnes - all the guys fancied her. wonder what she is doing now

hi i am kate blakemore former bayliss stephens sister. i live in aughton, went to aston school and woodhouse 1960 to 1965 i have been reading these posts and can remember a lot of you . also jesse baston she took my earrings and gave me detention for wearing a mine skirt .

Id forgotten Bowler had a sister. I think you were older than him and the rest of us....dont mean to remind you....

and Ron Radford........

steve use to knock about with us Les silkstone Dick porrit John wright we were in same class in final year

jessie baston made me stand in the hall for hours when she caught me and others in the girls toilets smoking and after i told her it was "steam"

yes older dont know about wiser but i still remember you all, what was nice when i stumbled upon this forum was the nice things that was said about my brother,glad yo all still have those memorys:)

les silkston, can't place you but i remember richard i went to school with alison,elsie linda johnson x

prob due to slight age differance, due to this site I have got Ray banks coming round to see me today after 40 years he use to out with alison before running the roadrunner club

hello , my name is RAYMOND TIDESWELL , i attended fence junior and aston woodhouse , 1960/65 , looking to locate maralyn willot , and linda smith ,( both pre married names)

email miller180@hotmail.com.

I now live in calgary canada

Edited by raymond tide
update

Hello , my name's Eric Dannatt and I attended Aston Woodhouse from 1962 to 1966. Was at Catcliffe Junior School prior to this and would love to hear from any former pupils of either school !!!

Edited by ERICD62-66

Hiya Guys

I used to be at Aston Woodhouse 1961-68. Would be great to hear from some of the guys from that time. I am Brian Ducker, brothers Stephen, Ray and Andrew. I remember Jesse Baston trying to teach French to Yorkshire folk? Also, I used to be at Aston Lodge P.S. I also remember many friends from Aston, Aughton, Swallownest.

hello there,eric[dicky] leigh here i remember your stephen im sure we were in the same year at aston woodhouseand lodge lane primary,have just been in touch with kenny chadburn.if you remember us will have to get in tuch more often.