Tired of Virgin Broadband and traffic management

I've done 12Gb since 6am and now gonna do 5.5 and then 2.9 and then download again after 9pm.

Even if restricted you can still carry on downloading so it is unlimited so why is everyone whinging?

Look at the dictionary definition of "Unlimited" it states "Unrestricted" -- so it may be unlimited downloads (as in, not capped to how MUCH you can download) but its limited in the fact that they speed restrict you, so its capped to how FAST you can download it.

so "Unlimited" is false, they should say "Unlimited Downloads" to be accurate, cause that doesnt mention speed at all.

Well as far as i am concerned Unlimited should mean just that.

According to the Dicionary Unlimited is as follows. :-

adjective

1. not limited; unrestricted; unconfined: unlimited trade.

2. boundless; infinite; vast: the unlimited skies.

3. without any qualification or exception; unconditional.

Not as previously has been shown the Constraints that have been imposed onto Virgins Customers.

Trading standards have currently got a copy of the letter i recieved and are looking into a possible breech of the law.;)

let us know if they get back in touch be nice to see trading standards spank virgin :D

Look at the dictionary definition of "Unlimited" it states "Unrestricted" -- so it may be unlimited downloads (as in, not capped to how MUCH you can download) but its limited in the fact that they speed restrict you, so its capped to how FAST you can download it.

so "Unlimited" is false, they should say "Unlimited Downloads" to be accurate, cause that doesnt mention speed at all.

Well i'm happy anyway and Ifully understand the meaning of the word.

So if we're restricted (throttled) then we're paying for a service that Virgin Media are failing to deliver.

Well i'm happy anyway and Ifully understand the meaning of the word.

I am happy that you are happy (Although Most on here are not or can you not see that.)

It seems that you are one of the culprits that is why Virgin have put the Restrictions in place.

12Gb since 6am, maybe Virgin want to look into what you are downloading.

Your total Downloads are ristricted. You have a Daily Maximum in place as well as set time of day that you are able to download a maximum in these "Throttled" Periods. You obviously do not know what unlimited means as you have not got and neither has anyone else with virgin an unlimited account.

Why have you joined in on all the threads about Virgin to try and tell people that they are all wrong.? Do you work for them?

Virgin have said that they are going to be checking what people are downloading in the future, so anyone who is downloading Excessive amounts will be very heavily investigated. So i would be very careful if i was you.

If you are just on here to try and start an argument, then i for one will from now on be ignoring all your posts and i advise anyone else to do the same, this thread was for people who have a problem to learn why and what others are doing to try and fix it, not for "i'm all right Jacks" to try and insite an argument.:rant:

Nop I am not here to start an arguement. And why are you starting on me? clearly you ARE here to start an arguement.

I don't care if I am investigated I just downloaded my music collection. ALL legal and i'm more than happy for Virgin to see that

It's not people like me at all. I do 12GB once and im told off. How much do you do in a month? if it's more than 15GB then your a heavier downloader than me and it's people like you etc etc.

Your right I shall ignore you. pathetic excuse for a creature.

Your right I shall ignore you. pathetic excuse for a creature.

Final Word.

Blah Blah Blah. My total downloads for this last month are around 6Gb.

But then again just like all people who cant win by being civil, you call names.:loopy:

Read my post i was not starting an argument i was making statements big difference.

If you are so sure that what you are doing is OK then why use a website that has a

"swedish IP address. And in Sweden there is no law to cover P2P and they cnt see what you are doing."
Your ISP can see everything that goes to your computer Especially Virgin as it goes directly through their server. Relakks only hides your True identity to the Source ISP.

Anyhow.

Everyone else...

Trading standards have asked for me to fax a copy of all my documents Contract, and letter regarding the alteration of services and they are contacting Virgin to find out Why they believe that this constitutes as "Unlimited":D

I have just recieved a call from trading standards.

Anyone who has a Current Contract with virgin media and they still have time left in said contract. can cancel with no fines due to Unfair change and breech of contract due to misadvertisement of the description of the connection speed and the misuse of the word "UNLIMITED"

They are also now passing this onto the office for fair trading as they now believe that this needs to be looked into at a higher level.

Just by quoting the "Fair Usage" policy this is not subject to restricting speed and quantity of your conecction, they should send a warning letter out to all offenders and then follow up with a notice to cesation of services.

:headbang::clap::partyhat::heyhey::thumbsup:

Virgins system seems to be hit and miss a the moment, I am not a heavy user yet i have a limit on my account, a friend of mine downloads around 300Gb a month and has got full speed.

Virgin will contacted by the OoFT and advised to what should happen.

So if we're restricted (throttled) then we're paying for a service that Virgin Media are failing to deliver.

I agree that were not recieving the service were paying for, and yes, it bugs me too but unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it, EVERY ISP has some form of restriction, even if its just a basic fair use policy, its there. So bashing one ISP or another is pointless as they are all the same.

One week its Virgin media, another week its some other isp.

FAO Andrew B mainly.

I personally think that the limits are good. Yes they advertise as unlimited but to be fair what could you possibly do that could warrant using 4.2TB a month? Which is what 134GB over 30 days equates too.

Let's say they pay 65p per GB that you use. Which I'm sure they will be paying for as they still pay for the pipes. It's unfair for you to say " they wont charge us,. that's big of them" but it's actually very fair

Unless for 4020GB's of data transfer you want to be charged £2613?

And you pay what between £20-£40 a month?

Man you really don't have a clue do you..

to be honest you aint got it that bad on virgin, when I was on bt their unlimited limit was 40gb!! I used to go over that in days, I managed to get out of my contract early due to them telling me it was unlimited.

I went to Be* and now download 300gb+ a month and have never been throttled.

Trust me if you leave them for an adsl(2) provider make sure its not one of the big ones i.e sky,bt,tiscali, plusnet etc. as they will cap the hell out of you if you download.

If you want a good provider go be/o2 truly unlimited..