Thurley Place off terry street Attercliffe

Any one know Thurley Place attercliffe

Thurley place was off Bellmoor road............terry street ran the side of Carbrook school with the entrance to Carbrook rec: at the top. Thurley place was a dead end......and Carbrook rec: was the 'dead end'

carbrook rec dead end.....NEVER

My favorite place when i was a child Carbrook rec

Does anyone know what happened to Belle View House that stood on the Carbrook Rec ground before the rec was created?

It was the home of the Terry family who owned the land.

Help appreciated. PopT

carbrook rec dead end.....NEVER

Terry Street was a dead end...only access to the rec. Thurley place was a dead end.

If you want to get better acquainted with Thurley Place, Terry Street and the Rec I suggest you read 'Once Round the Lump' by Ann Sapcote which is available at all Sheffield Libraries.

This will bring back many forgotten memories of the old Attercliffe Common and its characters.

My family mainly lived on Clifton Street, Surbiton Street and Butty's lump which was where my Grandfather was born in 1865.

There were two entrances to the rec, one on Terry Street and one on Blaco Road. Which ran from the top of Amberley Road and across the tops of Berkley Road and Belmore Road. Thurley Place was the first road on the right going down Belmore Road from Blaco Road to Attercliffe common

You had to be 12 or under to use the playground euipment at the Carbrook Rec. There was also a crown bowling green and tennis courts. You could hire bowls and racquets. Spent many happy hours there as a kid.

played in the rec or passed through it just about every day from 1964-1972.even went to the clinic before that. Happy Happy Days.

During the war there was a barrage balloon site in the rec

During the war there was a barrage balloon site in the rec

hi rickyo

I lived on carltonville road our house backed onto carbrook rec oppersite the bowling green.I remember barrage ballon on rec it was on the ground behind

tennis courts which was all black cinders it once got loose and knocked the top off the co-op chimneythis area became the home pitch for carbrook county jnr football team whitch i played for in 1948/50

kind regards aj