Would you complain about your neighbour filling the road with a delivery?

looks like it is causing an obstruction, phone 101 and report it..

any update yet , is it still there ?.

Stick a big sign on it saying

" FREE GRAVEL: HELP YOURSELF "

Stick a big sign on it saying

" FREE GRAVEL: HELP YOURSELF "

Thats a good point actually. If it is on the road, is it anyones to take? I know its not morally right but if I just turned up in my van and start shovelling it into the back, surely its just like finding a tenner on the street and keeping it. Id just sell it back.

......Where do you live? :hihi:

As someone else pointed out, isn't it the delivery company that has done wrong? And not your neighbour? That said, I think ringing the council after 30 minutes was a bit rash!

I think a little tolerance here wouldnt go amiss, after all, what i can see of the neighbors house looks well maintained and respectable and i would assume that the guy will be onto shifting it wherever its going asap.

As for the delivery company.. this would have been delivered by a reasonably large tipper truck and it looks to me that the railings on the other side of the road make the road too narrow for the truck to reverse into the driveway and tip off there.

This is a typical case of 'this inconveniences me and im not having it'...... please remember the next time you have something large delivered (a new sofa perhaps) to ask the waggon driver to park 1/2 mile away in a layby and carry the sofa back to your house yourself as clearly you wouldnt want to be like your selfish thoughtless neighbor and have a truck block the pavement for a short period of time.

Congratulations on the 'bump' BTW

The council issued them with £130 fine, apparently to obstruct the path in such a manner required a permit...

I don't dispute the law being the law, but I still think you were wrong to report them after just 30 minutes without even speaking to your neighbour first. I hope your neighbour doesn't report you for nuisance noise when your baby's screaming at 3am!

The council issued them with £130 fine, apparently to obstruct the path in such a manner required a permit...

Who gets the fine - the delivery driver or your neighbour ?

I think a little tolerance here wouldnt go amiss, after all, what i can see of the neighbors house looks well maintained and respectable and i would assume that the guy will be onto shifting it wherever its going asap.

As for the delivery company.. this would have been delivered by a reasonably large tipper truck and it looks to me that the railings on the other side of the road make the road too narrow for the truck to reverse into the driveway and tip off there.

This is a typical case of 'this inconveniences me and im not having it'...... please remember the next time you have something large delivered (a new sofa perhaps) to ask the waggon driver to park 1/2 mile away in a layby and carry the sofa back to your house yourself as clearly you wouldnt want to be like your selfish thoughtless neighbor and have a truck block the pavement for a short period of time.

Congratulations on the 'bump' BTW

Yes, well if the men delivering the sofa just dumped it half on the pavement and half on the road, then there would be cause for complaint, wouldn't there?

£130 fine? :o Didnt you ask him when he planned to move it before reporting him? I am glad that I'm not your neighbour :P:D

Get off her case.

Why should she be inconvenienced and maybe endangered by this illegal dumping ?

What if a car had ran into it with the possibility of a law suit following ?

If the truck was too big to dump it in the driveway they should have used a wheelbarrow or something to shift it out of the road.

Talk about blaming the victim. :gag: