Best shopping centre?

Wanting to go shopping next week , but i would like to visit another shopping center outside of sheffield. my mates say Trafford center is the best , what are your thoughts , what are the best ones you have being to for clothes etc. also i would be catching the train so places like leeds,manchester , london etc . thankyou ;-)

Wanting to go shopping next week , but i would like to visit another shopping center outside of sheffield. my mates say Trafford center is the best , what are your thoughts , what are the best ones you have being to for clothes etc. also i would be catching the train so places like leeds,manchester , london etc . thankyou ;-)

Harrods?........It is like heaven in there.

The Merryhill centre at Dudley is quite good as well, I used to live not far from there.

The Merryhill centre at Dudley is quite good as well, I used to live not far from there.

Blimey, Merryhill! I'd forgotten about that place - I went to school not far from there.

Definately the Trafford center, i :love: it. Theres just been a thread about there actually if you search for it :)

Blimey, Merryhill! I'd forgotten about that place - I went to school not far from there.

Not a bad shopping centre if I remember correctly!

Fethiye market...versace and armani shirts 3 for a tenner:D

Definately the Trafford center, i :love: it. Theres just been a thread about there actually if you search for it :)

As a Mancunian I have to say I hate the Trafford Centre - there is nothing there you can't get a thousand other places.

And, when they couldn't fill it, they let out the far end to independent retailers, so it was at least a tiny bit interesting at one end. Then when they needed more space to let in chains, they forced out the independents who had supported them from the start to make more space. Charming.

Oh, and as Meadowhall has done for Sheffield and Rotherham, so has the Trafford Centre for Altrincham, Stockport and Manchester.

Now, the shopping in Manchester itself is good - you have Afflecks Palace for alternative stuff (like the Forum but bigger), Market St and the Arndale Centre with all the usual suspects, and Kings Street area for posh stuff.

Plus the train goes to Manchester, whereas the Trafford Centre is built around the car - you can get public transport, but why bother when the train drops you at Picadilly?

Leeds. I love shopping in Leeds and understand why its called the Knightsbridge of the North

The Trafford Centre has to be the best I've been to, however I always go to Harrods and Harvey Nicks every July

I think Meadowhall, Merryhill and the Metro Centre are pants.