Reading glasses

where can you buy reasonably decent reading glasses without having to have a test? i,ve bought cheap ones before but they look rubbish and fall to bits. thanks

My dad got some in Cole Bros.

Most Chemists & Supermarkets sell them

My OH actually bought some from Poundland (he is a bit tight fisted) and they are actually quite nice. He bought four pairs, one for work, one for the kitchen, one for the lounge, and one for upstairs. So he wouldn't have to remember where they were.

If you are not quite so tight, T.J. Hughes sell some nice ones reasonably priced.

Tesco, I bought 2 pairs last week for £8 each. I've got 4 pairs now and I still haven't got a pair to hand right now.

You should really have an eyesight test every two years. Not only will it give you an accurate prescription, it will give you a good idea of your health generally - many health problems are picked up during sight tests. I wouldn't recommend any chain opticians though - I find Harveys on London Road great, and reasonably priced as well. What price good eyesight?

would you beleive you can also get them in........ wait for it...........POUNDLAND!!!!!

(that's if you really don't want to follow vulcans very good advice)

I challenge anyone to find them cheaper!

would you beleive you can also get them in........ wait for it...........POUNDLAND!!!!!

(that's if you really don't want to follow vulcans very good advice)

I challenge anyone to find them cheaper!

Thanks - it is good advice, and comes from somebody with two rather rare eye conditions in the family, which cause loss of central vision. Your eyesight is extremely precious.. if you value it, stump up for a proper test.:)

Have a proper test you don't have to buy the glasses from them if you don't want to.I have mine tested every 2 years and was told that I could get away with buying just magnifying ones. You can also get them in Boots.

Someone once told me that most people need reading glasses at 47, I did. Anyone agree with that?

Someone once told me that most people need reading glasses at 47, I did. Anyone agree with that?

I'll bookmark the thread and let you know in ten years' time. :D