Electric shock from tumble dryer

I keep getting mild electric shocks from my tumble dryer- I thought it was just from the drum inside and thought it was to do with static but today I got one on the outside when I went to empty the water. Has anyone any idea what it is before I have to fork out for another repair?:help:

you can buy mine i have 1 , 3 months old a hotpoint condenser .. :)

just dont like them so might as well get rid . :)

I keep getting mild electric shocks from my tumble dryer- I thought it was just from the drum inside and thought it was to do with static but today I got one on the outside when I went to empty the water. Has anyone any idea what it is before I have to fork out for another repair?:help:

why is there water inside the tumble dryer:confused:

why is there water inside the tumble dryer:confused:

It's a condenser- it collects the water into a removable tank instead of sending the steam out of a funnel. You empty it when it gets full.

you can buy mine i have 1 , 3 months old a hotpoint condenser .. :)

just dont like them so might as well get rid . :)

How much? Does it still have guarantee etc.?

You are either building up a static charge on yourself and discharging thru the appliance

or

There is a fault developing on the appliance

or

There is a fault developing on the house wiring.

You need a competent electrician to check out both the appliance and the wiring.

Thanks for the replies. I've spoken to the repairers and an electrician and it sounds like it's a fault with the house wiring as we have an old fuse box or something and the plug is moulded on, so I think we need to get that sorted first.

jl-heating, thanks for the offer, will let you know if it is the machine and not the wiring.

I would have thought the shock of receiving your electricity bill would be greater than a bit of static off the machine! We ditched using our tumble drier and have saved a fortune in bills!

I would have thought the shock of receiving your electricity bill would be greater than a bit of static off the machine! We ditched using our tumble drier and have saved a fortune in bills!

Good for you. Have just had a bill it was £100 for a quarter which wasn't too much of a shock and of course I make use of the sun when it appears!