Homosexuality- is it in your genes or is it a result of what happens to you?

A sexual fetish...

Nobody can argue that it is not as nature intended?

Belive in higher powers is a laff for anyone these days but you cannot argue with the laws of nature.

maybe overpopulation causes it.. or something they put in the beef :P but hey if that's your thing then as long as it hurts nobody else why not?

Why/ those are the views of pub med which is a A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health... not mine, which if you had clicked on the link you would have seen.

DSM III and DSM IV don't classify homosexuality as a disease. They voted to eliminate it in 1973, and haven't included it since the 1986 edition(DSM III).

It's so last century!

So where would you put it,I myself have made made no statement equalising it with anything you and others seem to be inferring its equality.You didnt answer my question regarding the legality and acceptance of sex with minors in other countries,would you like to answer it now?

I never said you'd equalised the practices in moral terms. You did however list them together.

Ahem...

...[edited]...I do think it's going a bit far to compare homosexuality with paedophilia or bestiality. Homosexuality is generally expressed between consenting adults. That makes it none of anyone else's business really (I think).

That, essentially, is my answer. Explanation:

If other countries have a different culture that is their business. I don't agree with legalised paedophilia (because children are not capable of giving informed consent) and I don't agree with criminalising homosexuality (because adults ARE capable of giving informed consent).

(Edit - Where would I put it on your 'moral spectrum'? In the same bracket as any other sexual activity between consenting adults, the purpose of which was pleasure not reproduction. Healthy fun, if you like that sort of thing.)

Oh **** off you sex starved numpty.

Sally, you have just made me nearly choke on a pringle, that has to be the best post on this thread!

Marry me!! :hihi:

Glamrock, what is your problem? What goes on behind closed doors doesn't hurt you so why be so angry about it?

DSM III and DSM IV don't classify homosexuality as a disease. They voted to eliminate it in 1973, and haven't included it since the 1986 edition(DSM III).

It's so last century!

Well NARTH seem to disagree with that,

http://www.narth.com/docs/mentaldisorder.html

Well NARTH seem to disagree with that,

http://www.narth.com/docs/mentaldisorder.html

NARTH was founded in 1992 as a "non-profit, educational organization dedicated to the research, therapy and prevention of homosexuality." It currently consists of "more than 1,000 mental-health professionals." These are believed to be psychiatrists, psychologists, other therapists, social workers, and behavioral scientists. 4,5 (This number represents a small percentage of mental health professionals; the American Psychological Association alone has over 132,000 members.) Anyone who is sympathetic to their goals who is not a therapist is asked to join as a "Friend of NARTH." Many conservative Christian ministries have done this.

Hmm a 100% reliable source, good going Glamrock, these guys are totally and completely unbiased right?

Also i'd like to point out that the main thing they're promoting as a "cure", reparative therapy, has never been properly researched in a peer reviewed study ever.

This is not science, it's silly conservative nonsense.

One of the main aims of the organisation is to prevent homosexuality ffs.

Glamrock, what is your problem? What goes on behind closed doors doesn't hurt you so why be so angry about it?

I couldnt agree more....

i dont think playing with another mans willy or bot bot is normal

i dont think playing with another mans willy or bot bot is normal

so long as it's not yours, why worry?

im not worried i just dont think its normal thats my opinion