The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

Wasn't Alan brought up on the flats top of Andover drive, near to cairo's shop.?

jt

If he's the person i'm thinking of ,yes.

I remember your mum and Doug your dad wern't you into table tennis at that time.I also knew your two brothers Kev and Paul

Hi Robbiet, I'm Paul Dougies lad, who are you then.

Regarding Alan Roberts I know him well and his parents live around the corner from me infact I saw his Father yesterday.

Alan had a few problems in latter years how is he now.

I remember when he lived in Pye Bank Drive he had a Dobberman mid 70s which was a real pain in the a**e and should have been put down as it threatened everyone who walked near the house and it was loose to.

Hi Robbiet, I'm Paul Dougies lad, who are you then.

Regarding Alan Roberts I know him well and his parents live around the corner from me infact I saw his Father yesterday.

Alan had a few problems in latter years how is he now.

I remember when he lived in Pye Bank Drive he had a Dobberman mid 70s which was a real pain in the a**e and should have been put down as it threatened everyone who walked near the house and it was loose to.

dates a little out we lived there 79-82, sadly his mum passed away suddenly on 19th april this year, as for alan he is fine and well, at the moment we are all just getting over losing his mum.

As i'm from the "proper" side of Pitsmoor.!

Brought up on Andover Drive, Pye bank Rd..That some one at the highway had scribled out the b and painted a w instead.!

I spent many a happy Friday and Saturday night in there throughthe late 70's and 80's.!

It was quite a popular place at weekends, as quite a lot of people from all over Sheffield used to come over to "our" part of the world..lol..

Also it was on the round we used to do most Saturday nights.! Start at Pitsmoor Hotel, over to Bay Horse, then Toll Gate, walk to Pye Bank Rd, call in Fox and Duck, then Highway, then finish off in Furnival for some ab...Happy days.

jt

Hi john t, I know that Pitsmoor has changed since I was there back in the 50s but I remember all of those pubs. Exept the Highway. Would that've been a new pub? Where exactly was it?

my sister in law worked at the highway her name was pat holliday befor she got married she lived on fox street

Hi john t, I know that Pitsmoor has changed since I was there back in the 50s but I remember all of those pubs. Exept the Highway. Would that've been a new pub? Where exactly was it?

It was at the bottom of Pye Bank Rd, with the junction of Fox St..

jt

my sister in law worked at the highway her name was pat holliday befor she got married she lived on fox street

I know all the Hollidays..One of the guys married one of my next dooor neibours.Her mame was Stead..But can't think of her first name now.!

jt

hiya john t i married the lady in question and dont think you know here seeing has ther was 11 of them and it was Graham that married susan stead and ther still together seeing as were remminiscing does any one remember Ann and Sam THURSTON FROM THE 70st geof the window cleaner of pye bank rd bye

Hi Paul You may remember my Daughter Julie who used to babysit for Alan and Pauline She say's Zak the dog was a big softie

Hi Paul You may remember my Daughter Julie who used to babysit for Alan and Pauline She say's Zak the dog was a big softie

yes she was right the dog was a big softie, apart from munching its way through the bed and the sofa he was fine...lol

hiya john t i married the lady in question and dont think you know here seeing has ther was 11 of them and it was Graham that married susan stead and ther still together seeing as were remminiscing does any one remember Ann and Sam THURSTON FROM THE 70st geof the window cleaner of pye bank rd bye

Remember em well...Me and her kids used to hang round Highay pup most nights..Be frowned on nower days.!

Parents used to come out with a pop and crisps every now and then..

jt

i'm ryan eastwood i used to live in shirecliffe but recently moved to newquay my uncle lee eastwood used to drink in their regulaly.

Is this the same Eastwoods that lived on Fox Street?(No.8)