went to morrissons hillsborough and purchased a steak and stilton pasty from thier own counter. i cooked the pasty and inside was a four inch peice of grissel that my dog would have puked on never again buying their own disgusting trouble is ive thrown it away when it should have been aimed at the the managers head

We never buy anything that contains meat from Morrisons, for the past ten years the quality has always been very poor, a few months ago we thought we would try it again and you could have soled your shoes with the steak:gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag::gag: AND:gag:

Why are you complaining about it if you threw it away? What is the point of that?

Surely the better course of action would have been to have taken it back, for a refund, and shown the manager what crud you were served, in the process?

I'm probably gonna get the crap kicked out of me for saying this but, for the price you pay for a pie, what did you expect. If you were to make your own with decent meat it'd cost a lot more. You really do get what you pay for.

"Decent Meat" now that would involve another trip to the butchers or another supermarket, theres no way he would get it at Morrisons:hihi:

Why are you complaining about it if you threw it away? What is the point of that?

Surely the better course of action would have been to have taken it back, for a refund, and shown the manager what crud you were served, in the process?

look we all do things irationally sometimes i threw the pasty away on a whim and in disgust but i will still be seeing someone about it this week ive pointed it out on here to beware when buying from that counter

It probably says something on it like 'No fat or gristle guaranteed'. Which means you probably will get some, but we can't guarantee it.

Anyway, it could have been worse - the gristle could have had a tattoo on it... :gag:

Must try to remember who wrote that particular horror story!

I once made the mistake of buying a ready cooked chicken from somerfield - it was raw in the middle so i took it back - got a full double refund :thumbsup:

You know what, i've never had a problem with the meat at Morrisons, although we have only bought it from there once or twice from the Butchers counter at the back, will take more care in future instead of just tipping it down my throat!

Mum used to work on the pie counter at morrisons, they tended to use the "unusable" cuts of meat from the resturant or the cold meats counter to make the pies.

That was over 6 years ago, but it sounds like nothing changes!