What's Dronfield like?

Dronfield is brill, good schools, new train link to Sheffield. Good pubs and resturants and on the doorstep of the Peak District.

I think its a really nice place to live and raise a family

with good schools and amenities.

I understand others have said its a little dull but you are

a 10 minute drive from Chesterfield town and twenty minutes

from Sheffield and Meadowhall.

Edited by larnz

i am looking for a house in that area, but i really don't know the area. anybody know about that ?

i am looking for a house in that area, but i really don't know the area. anybody know about that ?

Overall a good area to lived decent schools etc.

I have my eyes on a house in Dronfield (just down from Hilltop area and Hallowes Golf Course). Anyone able to offer a valid opinion on whether this area is a nice place to live.

I'll be moving with my partner. No kids, I'm 27.

Cheers.

I went to secondary school in Dronfield - I was moved to Fanshawe school from Gleadless valley because of it being a decent area. This was about 15 years ago, but I know it's still a good area because I still know people who live there.

Dronfield is quite affluent and is a lovely area. It's quite far out of Sheffield City Centre though and a bit in the middle of nowhere, but Chesterfield isn't too far away for shopping.

It's quite tight nit too in terms of people/groups. The people I went to school with still live there are have the same groups of friends! It's really good for pubs too.

I would like to live in Dronfield if it was more convenient to town.

Hope this helps.

Do they still do wife swapping at the Hill Top Club ?

I have my eyes on a house in Dronfield (just down from Hilltop area and Hallowes Golf Course). Anyone able to offer a valid opinion on whether this area is a nice place to live.

I'll be moving with my partner. No kids, I'm 27.

Cheers.

Any good at football always looking for players for the sunday team? Great set of lads good area.

Thank you for the quick responses. This is my first post on Sheffield Forum and I'm impressed ;-)

The accessibility to Sheffield is something that concerns me a little but there seems to be trains and buses running regularly.

Any good at football always looking for players for the sunday team? Great set of lads good area.

Not bad in my day. Played County Senior for several seasons and North East Counties Premier for a season. Not played competitively for two seasons though, just 5-aside with mates. What Sunday side do you play for?

The train is good because it only takes about 8 minutes and there is a car park. Bus takes quite a while as it goes through woodseats which is a nightmare in rush hour.