What's Dronfield like?

To me a gang is a group of youths both male and female that make you feel uncomfortable going to the shops or going into the park with all the shouting and swearing

There are no 'gangs' its the local kids trying to find something to go. They were playing a game en mass at Gosforth Fields this evening and my dogs decided to join it.

They are all good kids and I've never had an issue with them.

Dronfield is a great place to live- if anyone is looking at moving to Dronfield, I would suggest them coming on down for the day on the 8th June. The locals will all be out, there are 'tour busses' being put on and there will be fun and games for all.

So the smoking weed drinking fighting are all ok then as they are just kids trying to find something to do

So the smoking weed drinking fighting are all ok then as they are just kids trying to find something to do

I'm out walking my dogs every evening and I've not smelled weed, seen drinking and never seen any fighting..... That's usually the over 18s at the Stoops.

Well im sorry and dont mean to sound rude but you need to open your eyes. I work in the school and live not far away so know most of kids and know they are not angels like you seem to be saying they are

The parents are no angels, that's for sure. I've never been witness to so much wife swapping before!

Sometimes it seems like I can't leave the house without seeing 'happy couples' and thinking+ he's not your husband, she's not your wife!

But otherwise, Dronny is a great - safe place to live.

Froger, you're having a laugh if you think the groups of youths in Dronfield are "gangs", go down to S3\Broomsprings where I lived before - that'll open your eyes and you'll realise how lucky you are living in such a pleasant, safe place.

Kid are kids and they are all the same problems everywhere you go just less in dronfield !

Im not saying its a bad place to live its just some people where making it sound like some sort of heaven with no gangs of kids no muggings no drugs no kids drinking fighting and smoking weed it happens everywhere and dronfield is no different

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 19:24 ----------

Where have you moved it to

Holy thread resurrection!

I am looking at the possibility of moving to Dronfield and have noted the comments on here with interest. I know the area to drive through but, from a residents' point of view, are the more desirable properties close to Burns Drive/Shakespeare Crescent or around Snape Hill Crescent (or out at Dronfield Woodhouse) and, in reality, is there much between them? I have always thought of Dronfield as being much of a muchness.

Edited by Astraeus

I can't comment on Dronfield Woodhouse nor Snape Hill Crescent but I live on Hilltop Road which isn't too far from Burns Drive (10 min walk). The area is lovely, close to nice countryside and feels safe and friendly. I have lived in Dronfield for five years (previously Gleadless for 28 years) and can't speak more highly of it.

From what I know (limited as I haven't lived here that long) there aren't any particularly bad areas in Dronfield. I prefer the Hilltop area more than any other but I'm obviously a little biased.