What's Dronfield like?

I grew up in Dronfield and stayed there until I was 26.

It's good for families to live, the school (Dronfield School) was pretty good when I was there. Not sure how it is now.

You get the usual kids hanging round the shops at night but from what I remember they are mostly harmless.

The main issue is that it isn't particularly close to Sheffield or Chesterfield. The commute to Sheffield is pretty crap, and when the weather gets bad Dronfield is the first to be cut off.

If I had a family, I'd probably seriously consider Dronfield as a safe (if a little dull) place to live.

I would have moved to Dronfield if it wasn't so far from work. Lovely area.

Thanks for your opinion..I think Dronfield is a bit far from Sheffield but nice area..

Hi my mum and dad live on Snape Hill Crescent and love it there - nice neighbours, friendly road and near shops, etc. I visit during the week and spend quite a bit of time in Dronfield - would move there in a flash if I could. (Hubby likes Sheffield!) I lived there from age 5 up to leaving when I was around 35. Did live in Sheffield at various times for short periods as well. Lived in various parts of Dronfield - Hallowes near Golf Course, Coal Aston, Dronfield Woodhouse. Enjoyed all areas for various reasons at the time of living there. If I was moving back I would consider anywhere in Dronfield as I just like it so much. For me its like going home everything I drive back there and I dont live that far away - Norton!

Cheers Sue

Your comment makes me feel much better~ I went to look around there..and it was just nice except it's too hilly but I guess most part of Sheffield and peak district is just like that..! I found really nice house on Fair View Road and really loved it..Hopefully we can live there very soon...

we moved to dronfield in august from lincolnshire and we love it. it is so easy to get anywhere from here, be it meadowhall or derbyshire hills.

there are plenty of schools in the area which all get decent ofsted reports.

goodluck in your hunting - it took us about a year to get a house we wanted and liked. dronny woodhouse is lovely but we just couldn't find the house for us, we now live near hallowes golf course and it is lovely up there.

5 minutes walk and you are in lovely countryside.

A year?? Wow..my husband and I can't wait that long as our house which we are renting at the moment is really bad condition..We have to move ASAP.

Fortunately, I found a really nice one on Fair View Road..I think we are gonna love it if we happen to live there..~~ Enjoy your life in Dronfield..

I grew up in Dronfield and stayed there until I was 26.

It's good for families to live, the school (Dronfield School) was pretty good when I was there. Not sure how it is now.

You get the usual kids hanging round the shops at night but from what I remember they are mostly harmless.

The main issue is that it isn't particularly close to Sheffield or Chesterfield. The commute to Sheffield is pretty crap, and when the weather gets bad Dronfield is the first to be cut off.

If I had a family, I'd probably seriously consider Dronfield as a safe (if a little dull) place to live.

Good Good Good...!!! We drove around Dronfield last weekend..and it was really local but seemd very nice..I now know why people love Dronfield..!! ^^

Is moving there with a young family a good idea? East side of a61 I am looking at.

lived in dronfield for 20 years

fairly quiet shops ok

schools were great not as good now but nothing drastic

couple of nice parks

ok pubs few naff ones

decent ish sports centre

swimming pool

good library

quick enough down bypass to sheffield or chesterfield as not much for work in town itself

quick enough to derbyshire countryside and peak district

what road you looking at?

lived in dronfield for 20 years

fairly quiet shops ok

schools were great not as good now but nothing drastic

couple of nice parks

ok pubs few naff ones

decent ish sports centre

swimming pool

good library

quick enough down bypass to sheffield or chesterfield as not much for work in town itself

quick enough to derbyshire countryside and peak district

what road you looking at?

Thanks a lot mate. Dale road or Shakespeare crescent has some properties within the price range I could take. What is it like there?

its ok there, used to live very near there myself and loved it

Thx. I saw people talked about ex council semis in dronfield, where are they and I guess shouldn't be a problem living in those as well?

there are a few ex council and council areas in dronfield, most are up green lane/ stonelow/ cecil road area, some at the back of lea road.

if you are looking at hallow or dronfield woodhouse then there isn't any really.