What's Dronfield like?

Could you tell me what the reason for that? I thought it would be convenient for me to take the baby as the infant school is near...

Hi,I have worked in and around Dronfield for years for BT and can say without fear of contradiction it is very safe ,as mentioned previously the area around Snapehill Cres particularly a little road begining with C whose name escapes me Canervon cres or something a friend lived on there next to the family from hell but I believe they were chucked out just after he upped sticks. I have friends in every part drony woodhouse/Coal Aston etc and they all swear by it but they will admit whilst it is safe it is a little dull!:hihi:

Hi,I have worked in and around Dronfield for years for BT and can say without fear of contradiction it is very safe ,as mentioned previously the area around Snapehill Cres particularly a little road begining with C whose name escapes me Canervon cres or something a friend lived on there next to the family from hell but I believe they were chucked out just after he upped sticks. I have friends in every part drony woodhouse/Coal Aston etc and they all swear by it but they will admit whilst it is safe it is a little dull!:hihi:

Thank you for your answer...That makes me feel much better..^^;; I'm going to look for those houses this Saturday..Hopefully I like the area and people..

the area around Snapehill Cres particularly a little road begining with C whose name escapes me Canervon cres or something

Caernarvon Road? Cecil Avenue, Cecil Road?

Bottom side of Snapehill Crescent is dare i say a liitle nicer than the other end , but absolutely nothing wrong with any of it , i know a few people on there and they swear by it .

I have worked around Dronfield for years and never seen anything bad that would stop me moving there. I think you get more for your money in Dronfield as opposed to s8 s11 s17. I can also get to work in Dronfield quicker than hillsborough because of traffic.

Bottom side of Snapehill Crescent is dare i say a liitle nicer than the other end , but absolutely nothing wrong with any of it , i know a few people on there and they swear by it .

That's sounds good too..Thank you..

I have worked around Dronfield for years and never seen anything bad that would stop me moving there. I think you get more for your money in Dronfield as opposed to s8 s11 s17. I can also get to work in Dronfield quicker than hillsborough because of traffic.

Yeah. I was searching houses around S6, S8 I couldn't find one I liked..!!

I really hope that I can find really nice one this time..

Yeah. I was searching houses around S6, S8 I couldn't find one I liked..!!

I really hope that I can find really nice one this time..

hi ..i live in holmesfield and have lived in dronfield/holmesfield area most my life it is a safe area to live ..stay near the bottom of marsh ave if you consider a house up there as its a bad hill in winter and one of the few that doesnt get gritted as its not a bus route ..the other side of the main road you have the civic centre and sainsbury.s so you are closer to the supermarkets on that side ..stonelow is a nice area as well ..thats off green lane .there are nice houses on all the roads leading off stonelow all the way up to coal aston ..then up stubly hollow to woodhouse and to the left you have gorsey brigg and pentlland area ..nice there also ..hallowes and hill top are nice .in fact i think once you live here its addictive .there are infant and junior schools dotted all round dronfield ..good luck with your hunt.

hi ..i live in holmesfield and have lived in dronfield/holmesfield area most my life it is a safe area to live ..stay near the bottom of marsh ave if you consider a house up there as its a bad hill in winter and one of the few that doesnt get gritted as its not a bus route ..the other side of the main road you have the civic centre and sainsbury.s so you are closer to the supermarkets on that side ..stonelow is a nice area as well ..thats off green lane .there are nice houses on all the roads leading off stonelow all the way up to coal aston ..then up stubly hollow to woodhouse and to the left you have gorsey brigg and pentlland area ..nice there also ..hallowes and hill top are nice .in fact i think once you live here its addictive .there are infant and junior schools dotted all round dronfield ..good luck with your hunt.

Thank you so much for your opinion..Now I fall in love with Dronfield..Yeah~

I would have moved to Dronfield if it wasn't so far from work. Lovely area.

Hi my mum and dad live on Snape Hill Crescent and love it there - nice neighbours, friendly road and near shops, etc. I visit during the week and spend quite a bit of time in Dronfield - would move there in a flash if I could. (Hubby likes Sheffield!) I lived there from age 5 up to leaving when I was around 35. Did live in Sheffield at various times for short periods as well. Lived in various parts of Dronfield - Hallowes near Golf Course, Coal Aston, Dronfield Woodhouse. Enjoyed all areas for various reasons at the time of living there. If I was moving back I would consider anywhere in Dronfield as I just like it so much. For me its like going home everything I drive back there and I dont live that far away - Norton!

Cheers Sue

we moved to dronfield in august from lincolnshire and we love it. it is so easy to get anywhere from here, be it meadowhall or derbyshire hills.

there are plenty of schools in the area which all get decent ofsted reports.

goodluck in your hunting - it took us about a year to get a house we wanted and liked. dronny woodhouse is lovely but we just couldn't find the house for us, we now live near hallowes golf course and it is lovely up there.

5 minutes walk and you are in lovely countryside.