Sakushi restaurant - your opinions...

I agree, I had a look at one in London and it was hideously expensive and didn't look anything special. I'd much rather support an independent than another generic chain restaurant.

I've not tried the little one on london road or east ocean, Wasabisabi is my favourite so far tho.

Fair enough Yo Sushi is a chain but I think the sushi is nice and I like the conveyor belt style of eating.

I used to be really against chain restaurants and would avoid them like the plague but having had some pretty decent meals in classier chain restaurants recently I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I agree, I had a look at one in London and it was hideously expensive and didn't look anything special. I'd much rather support an independent than another generic chain restaurant.

I've eaten twice in Yo Sushi in london and my bill was pretty much the same as Sakushi and the sushi was way nicer. Never paid more than £14 for enough sushi to fill me up.

I've eaten in the Yo Sushi in St Pancras, the one in Manchester and the Itsu in Canary Wharf, the quality of sushi was comparable at all of these and Sakushi, the service however is far better at Sakushi (or so I've found), and the price is definitely cheaper.

I've also eaten in a restaurant called Tajima-Tei in London http://www.tajima-tei.co.uk/ - this is by far the best of all the sushi I've had in the UK.

That said, you can find perfectly good sushi in the states and pay McDonalds prices for it.

These are the plate prices for YS

£1.70 £2.20 £2.70

£3.20 £3.70 £5.00

Maybe someone can post the prices for sakushi?

This winds me up. Yo sushi does not compare to Sakushi on a Japanese level. You have different styles of sushi everywhere you go, Japanese, Chinese, American etc.... I lived in Japan for 6 years and it tastes just the same. If you prefer the likes of yo that is fine but you cannot say it is better you can only say you prefer their style of sushi which is very western.

I met my girlfriend when I was over there and she is Japanese threw and threw and she loved it and said it reminded her of home. I didn’t get this reaction when i took her to wasabisabi although we do like it there. Again I’m no expert but i trust my girlfriend to know Japanese.

What also concerns me about Yo is my nephew’s friend is working at yo and is cooking and serving sushi. Again i have no problem with this, you do not have to be Japanese to do sushi but his previous job was at mcdonalds and he has been at yo less than a month. Not only that the head chef is polish and he said she had only been there a year!!!

As far as price is concerned cyclone reminds me of how much of a con YO sushi is. Yes they have a £1.70 plate but do you ever see it? I just looked at their current menu and the average iso roll is £3.20 to £3.70. So they might as well just have 2 or 3 plates. I can’t remember the prices of sakushi but i know the most expensive plate was £3.80 and that included sides like chicken gyoza which you will find are £5 plus anywhere else and also the hamachi sashimi is £3.80, very good value in my eyes.

Yes i thought Sakushi was fantastic! But its more pipines comments about yo being better that makes me and my girlfriend laugh. Better is so vague, yes im new to sf but come on! Is it a better Japanese noooooooo way. Stick to Wasabisabi, sakushi or where eve else.

Hi all, just to clear up what the sakushi prices are,

green £1.80

Blue £2.30

Yellow £2.80

Orange £3.30

Pink £3.80

hope this helps. Any feedback please email sakushi directly on [email protected]

we have also introduced a Set menu running up to christmas. its £19.95 per head for 4 courses. All new items like sirloin beef teriyaki, Plumb duck ramen, tonkatsu and japanese curry. please email and we will forward you a copy.

Yes i thought Sakushi was fantastic! But its more pipines comments about yo being better that makes me and my girlfriend laugh. Better is so vague, yes im new to sf but come on! Is it a better Japanese noooooooo way. Stick to Wasabisabi, sakushi or where eve else.

I've never been to Japan so I can't say which is more authentic, all I can comment on is which sushi I liked best. I think Wasabisabi sushi is more varied, better presented, and tastes fresher than Yo or Sakushi (obviously as its not been sat on a conveyor belt for 10 mins).

I love the styling of Yo Sushi and price isn't too bad I don't think. I'm not going to quibble over a couple of quid here or there cos my bill overall is never that much. I think its a fun way to eat sushi and their sushi is pretty nice.

I was just disappointed in the sushi in sakushi.. maybe its common practise to have massive sushi in Japan, but i thought it was too big to eat comfortably and I wasnt that impressed with the 5 or 6 dishes I tried. I think Yo and Wasabiabi do it better.. maybe I caught them on a bad nite.

each to there own opinion i guess, everyones tastes are different hey!

i loved it in sakushi, thought it was very authentic. hope you get to go in there again and enjoy it as much as i do

I like both Sakushi and Wasabisabi....I know if I wanted a formal meal I'd go to Wasabisabi, if I wanted a quick snack or a last minute decision I'd go to Sakushi. Both are good, both are different, and hopefully both will thrive.

I've never been to Japan so I can't say which is more authentic, all I can comment on is which sushi I liked best. I think Wasabisabi sushi is more varied, better presented, and tastes fresher than Yo or Sakushi (obviously as its not been sat on a conveyor belt for 10 mins).

I love the styling of Yo Sushi and price isn't too bad I don't think. I'm not going to quibble over a couple of quid here or there cos my bill overall is never that much. I think its a fun way to eat sushi and their sushi is pretty nice.

I was just disappointed in the sushi in sakushi.. maybe its common practise to have massive sushi in Japan, but i thought it was too big to eat comfortably and I wasnt that impressed with the 5 or 6 dishes I tried. I think Yo and Wasabiabi do it better.. maybe I caught them on a bad nite.

I thought Sakushi was fantastic first couple of times. However, I took some friends Friday night last week and was dissappointed. The food was generally fine, though we ordered the salmon roe and it had lost a lot of its vibrant colour and was actually a little slimey.

I hope the place survives and I would still go back. In a centre of bland restaurants it deserves to do well.

We went to sakushi on monday night with a couple of friends. My partner eats a lot of sushi, whereas myself and the other couple are pretty much amateurs. We had an awesome night and the food was absolutely amazing.

I can recommend monday night as a good night to go and try sushi for the first time, 5 dishes for £10.95 is pretty cheap as I have been informed. Me and my gf shared so we managed to taste 10 different dishes.

I only joined Sheffield Forum to sing Sakushi's praises because I feared that others may not be aware of it as it is slightly tooked away on campo lane.

We will definately be going back soon, and I will be recommending it to all of my friends.

I went to Sakushi recently. It's an OK place but their sushis are not so great. However, their chicken kushikatsu (deep fried bread crumb-coated skewered chicken), kaisoh (seaweed) salad etc were quite delicious. It's a Kulu-kulu (or Kuru-kuru, as they say in Japan) style sushi after all that one should not expect anything more that, I suppose.