Whats your views on rotherham united move to don valley stadium

what do you think to rotherham united moving to sheffield ?

There will be 2 teams in Sheffield now.Sheffield United and Rotherham United!!:hihi:

:) I might go watch them, can't be any worse than the other two ;)

Now Sheffield is a three team city; will Rotherham have to play on Friday night so their fixtures don't clash with United or Wednesday?

what do you think to rotherham united moving to sheffield ?

If it saved the club it has to be a positive move.

Will they have to change their name like wimbledon did when they moved?

Shefferham Utd?

Maybe the should be named along the same lines as the new airport. I.e. Sheffield-Rotherham United Millers.

It makes sense IMO.

Let's be honest, it's hard to differentiate between Millmoor and the tip that surrounds it (no, not Rotherham itself, I mean Booth's scrap yards!!).

Don Valley is a decent stadium, under used in my opinion and not far from Millmoor itself. It is also well out of the way of Sheffield's major football grounds and the city might benefit from away team supporters coming into - or at least near to - the city. (Meadowhall Retail Park and Centertainment could do well business wise with their fast food outlets.)

It's a good move and let's not forget, any queues which arise down there will be from shoppers heading for Meadowhall, certainly not hordes of Millers' fans heading for the match!

As a miller who lives in sheffield I think it is a good thing..... It gets us away from the booth family, and hopefully we will be in a shiny new stadium within 5 years... And it will be nice to walk into town to get a supertram to the match, and be able to have a pint or two beforehand.......

It makes perfect sense in the short term the only problem if there is one is in the long term.

Decent facilites/stadium so why not if it gets them away from the trouble that is causing damage to the club.

If Manure can play outside Manchester and hold its name then why can't the Millers.

It's nobody's ideal solution, but it's better than the club going under. Hopefully they can get a new stadium built somewhere in Rotherham, in time.

I look forward to even more traffic congestion around Meadowhell when I'm trying to get home...