Longest Queues For Cinemas

The longest cinema queue I was ever in was for 'KES' at the ABC. I used to go out Saturday nights, then see the late night show at the Studio 7.

I remember lining up outside the Forum, Southey Green, the first house was full, so we kept waiting for the second show, so must have lined up for about 3 hours to see

White Christmas, and this was in the freezing cold.

The longest queues I remember were to see "The Sound of Music" some people seemed to go mad about that film ..there were old ladies who claimed to have seen the film 50 times or more...

It went on and on week after week at the same cinema like the london musicals do...I saw it once and that was enough.

The longest queues I remember were to see "The Sound of Music" some people seemed to go mad about that film ..there were old ladies who claimed to have seen the film 50 times or more...

It went on and on week after week at the same cinema like the london musicals do...I saw it once and that was enough.

Tim, it was the old Odeon in flat street (now Mecca Bingo). It played there for two years non-stop - around 1965. Like you, I was not keen on it at all

Queue or not, Something is missing these days when you go to the pictures.

Invariably today someone gets raped, brutally killed or foul language comes over.

We may have queued, but the film was worth queuing to see.

Longest Queue I ever saw was for" Crocodile Dundee"

It was also the worst film I've ever seen.

Longest queue for me was to see Barberella in 1968 at the ABC. I was expecting my first child at the time and my husband said after waiting all this time it will be our luck for you to go into labour and to have to miss it but no we eventually got in and my first daughter was born 2 weeks later.

I don't know about the longest queue , the most regular was for the Sunday pictures. When they allowed Sunday pictures it was always a seperate film from those shown during the week. If my memory is correct there was only one show, mainly it seemed to be more of a do to meet the girls.

me and mates went to see alien at gaumont but bus was late when we got to cinema there was thirteen single seats left, so couples were walking away. We decided to go in. Sat in packed cinema watching scary film with no one to joke and whisper to made it ten times worse. Such an awsome film first time out.

Longest queue I was in was for "Rock around The Clock" at The Don on West Bar

anyone remember it ? Everyone bopping in the aisles ! And the big bouncer bloke

( I've forgot his name) trying to make everyone sit down, Happy Days !! lol.

must have been in the Fifties.

Jaws - Boxing Day 1975 at the ABC, no contest.

Showing my age now

:blush:

Remember that like it was yesterday, we had to que for hours, but boy it was worth it:hihi: Youngsters don't know they are born these days;)