King Edwards Hospital, 1965

On 17/10/2018 at 16:08, DIDO said:

I was interviewed on the Wilfred Pickles show when they broadcast from Rivelin, I believe Violet Carson ( Ena Sharples played the piano.

Some of the stars who played at the Empire theatre used to put a show on at the hospital. remember Tesse O'Shea, who played the banjo, Winifred Attwell,(Piano), and of course there was also the circus.

We must have been in at the same time, you 'n' me.

I went in about January, 1950,  I was moved from the City General, straight onto Observation. Stayed there for about a week,  then moved to B2 for about a month. Then moved onto B1. I stayed there until about 1954, then moved back to the City General.  I cant remember many names, but here goes. David Spafford, Johnny Young, David Anderson, Brian Nortcliffe, Arthur Stephenson,  plus me , David Dyson.

I was in the Children's for a couple of years, and Reigate Annexe, then to Rivelin. I was in B2, B1 and A3 as well as frequent visits to obs. which is where I was on Coronation Day, so couldn't go and watch the telly. I don't recall any of those names though; the only three I can remember are Philip Hulley, Anne Gregory and Francis Frost. I do have quite a few photos of myself outside when the beds were taken out. I don't know how to load photos onto this site other than linking them to another website. I haven't used Photo Bucket for many years so I wouldn't know how to access my account on that site. I'll try to find a means to do it. Who knows? There might even be a photo of you there. 

I was on B1  on Coronation day.The hospital had borrowed a tv from some where, a little 14 inch screen .they had to move all the beds to the bottom of the ward so that we could watch it. 

On 27/01/2019 at 20:24, DIDO said:

I was on B1  on Coronation day.The hospital had borrowed a tv from some where, a little 14 inch screen .they had to move all the beds to the bottom of the ward so that we could watch it. 

..........and I always thought there was a projection telly in one of the wards. OK, maybe not.

On 27/01/2019 at 20:24, DIDO said:

I was in the Children's for a couple of years, and Reigate Annexe, then to Rivelin. I was in B2, B1 and A3 as well as frequent visits to obs. which is where I was on Coronation Day, so couldn't go and watch the telly. I don't recall any of those names though; the only three I can remember are Philip Hulley, Anne Gregory and Francis Frost. I do have quite a few photos of myself outside when the beds were taken out. I don't know how to load photos onto this site other than linking them to another website. I haven't used Photo Bucket for many years so I wouldn't know how to access my account on that site. I'll try to find a means to do it. Who knows? There might even be a photo of you there. 

On 17/07/2008 at 22:22, Littleducs said:

Dido, do you remember Billy, he had some sort of special chair, he was in some of the pics with my Dad. He must have been there from about 1948 or there abouts. He had TB in his leg.

Well, I was universally known as Billy, I had TB in my left leg and I was in there about that time. Could it have been me, I wonder. 

My Mom was in King Edwards. She had a crafty fag in the toilets and set the fire alarm off.

Full turn out of engines, the staff were not well pleased !