King Edwards Hospital, 1965

Hi, does anyone remember being in King Teds Hospital in '65? Remember Nurses Marshman & Travis? I had to learn to walk again after being kept in bed for about a fortnight, (due to a neck op!) & decided that it'd be much more fun trying to surf down the ward on my walking frame. However, the floors were newly polished, so I shot under 3 beds before coming to a halt with a bump on my head! Never was right after that!!

I was in the same hospital in 1967,I was there from 23rd Jan to Dec 12th,it was a great place,my best mate was Lee Platts Bobby Knutts nephew.

My consultant was Dr Hertzog, & he used to also be in attendance at Firth Park Clinic, where I had to go for physio. Is he still around, does anyone know?

My consultants were Mr Sharrard & Holdsworth.

My consultant was Dr Hertzog, & he used to also be in attendance at Firth Park Clinic, where I had to go for physio. Is he still around, does anyone know?

Dr Hertzog died a few years ago. I read somewhere he wrote a book on the history of Rivilin Hospital. I was in Rivilin when he first started, taking over from Dr Patterson.

My Dr, was Mr, Pappworth.

Thanks for that, Dido - have often wondered!

Thanks for that, Dido - have often wondered!

One day I will get round to sorting my photos out on Photo bucket. I have a photo taken on ward B3, when Billy Smarts Cicus came to visit. Ithink it was taken about 1953.

My Dad was in King Edwards for about 2 years 64-66? I got so used to visiting him there that I did my nurse training there from 73-75. He was also in there alot when he was a boy. I have lots of very old pics from then, when they were outside on the beds in the snow!

My Dad was in King Edwards for about 2 years 64-66? I got so used to visiting him there that I did my nurse training there from 73-75. He was also in there alot when he was a boy. I have lots of very old pics from then, when they were outside on the beds in the snow!

What years was your Dad in King Edwards?. I remember they used to put us outside about May and bring us back in about September. I was there from 1950 to 1954/5.

My mumwas a nursing auxillary there from about 1974 until it closed

Dido, do you remember Billy, he had some sort of special chair, he was in some of the pics with my Dad. He must have been there from about 1948 or there abouts. He had TB in his leg.