Tinsley cooling towers megathread

Are you going to see the towers come down?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to see the towers come down?

• Yes cant wait!
    • No wouldnt waste my time!

Can someone do a "photoshop" and show what it would be like, if they weren't there?

I drive past them everyday, and when I see them, I know i'll be home soon.

The Tinsley Two are a sheffield landmark, and should stay standing.

Last time I went on a tram there was holes what have being drilled. in it looks like they are going to blow them up prety soon.

It has been said that Sheffield Council are to save the towers but our council tax may go up around 10% to fund it. Im well up for that, anyone else ??!!!!! fnarr !

Last time I went on a tram there was holes what have being drilled. in it looks like they are going to blow them up prety soon.

Yes I have noticed these holes too and people have been working on them all week.

Can someone do a "photoshop" and show what it would be like, if they weren't there?

I drive past them everyday, and when I see them, I know i'll be home soon.

The Tinsley Two are a sheffield landmark, and should stay standing.

I haven't a clue how to use photshop, but I had a go!

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Supersonic525/tinsbeforeafter.JPG

Will try another with other landmarks in.

They are a landmark of sheffield and if i had the money would buy them off powergen

Been told by a reliable source that they`re being blown up at 3am on 3rd of august. see you all on wincobank hill.

Not that reliable cos they're still there! :hihi:

You herd here well not first, but it is the 23 4 08 at 3am, from the demolition team itself, my mate works for them and we have been given access in the next couple of days, to go take some last images.

I feel it will not happen as E-0N are somewhat paranoid about all of this,

radio 1 where talking about it the other day and there saying that they are going to be pulling them down on the 24th but not making it official because they don,t want an up riot but don,t know if that,s true or not though

Ill be there on the night from around Midnight, give me a pm for where i feel it is one of the better locations to watch, but no desire to have it swamped.

You herd here well not first, but it is the 23 4 08 at 3am, from the demolition team itself, my mate works for them and we have been given access in the next couple of days, to go take some last images.

I feel it will not happen as E-0N are somewhat paranoid about all of this,

Ill be there on the night from around Midnight, give me a pm for where i feel it is one of the better locations to watch, but no desire to have it swamped.

23 4 08 mmm, seems you`ve had a very long wait at "your better location".:hihi:

23 4 08 mmm, seems you`ve had a very long wait at "your better location".:hihi:

mistake it should be 23 8 08 and one of my post has been removed see pretentiousartist.com seems the mods are concerned over the copyright of the info, that i can understand so go read there, as for myself i have no such concerns:hihi:

The BBC suggested it would be the August Bank Holiday weekend as they'll have to close the viaduct to traffic for several hours, and do a structural examination afterwards.