Tinsley cooling towers megathread

Are you going to see the towers come down?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to see the towers come down?

• Yes cant wait!
    • No wouldnt waste my time!

i might go down wen they have been made to rubble and flog it on ebay make a quick pound or 2

Don't think there was this much media hype about the Berlin Wall coming down.

I'm another one who won't be taking his tranny to bed and setting the alarm for half past two to hear the BBC Radio Sheffield live broadcast of the event :hihi:

So badly want to go and see this but can't really sit in a car park for 5 hours whilst it all happens! Is there any point going to Meadow Bank Road or Sheffield Road at around 1am to see it?

Obviously with the roads being shut I'd have to approach from the other side of the M1 than Meadowhall is on.

Alternatively does anyone know if the towers are visible from Eccesfield Road or Barrow Road?

:thumbsup:

is there anyone in the wincobank area who could give us a lift down as I dont have a car if so canc you pm me thanks.

sad like train spotters watch all them tonight wen they go , me i will be looking at back off me eye lids lol

You may as well be asleep as do that .

Wouldn't mind watching the Calendar coverage of this but I reckon I'll be fast asleep at 3am!!

So badly want to go and see this but can't really sit in a car park for 5 hours whilst it all happens! Is there any point going to Meadow Bank Road or Sheffield Road at around 1am to see it?

Obviously with the roads being shut I'd have to approach from the other side of the M1 than Meadowhall is on.

Alternatively does anyone know if the towers are visible from Eccesfield Road or Barrow Road?

:thumbsup:

Ummm, don't know if this helps but trams are still running normal time. Last one from city centre to meadowhall is about 12.30am - not sure how you'd get back tho!:hihi:

From Supertram site...

Bank Holiday Services and Disruptions

Supertram services will operate to a Sunday timetable on Bank Holiday Monday 25 August 2008.

Services to and from Meadowhall are not expected to be disrupted by the demolition of the Tinsley cooling towers in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Just come over the viaduct - the towers are all lit up from the Rotherham side, I hope they are going to stick some lights on the top deck of the viaduct to light it from the Meadowhall side once they have shut the M1 or the view will be disappointing from that side.

From newman road how is the best way to get there if you was walking on foot?

I have to say I am disgusted they're going, I understand and appreciate why it is happening though still don't agree with it.

I have to say my biggest hope is that as a last act of defiance they take the viaduct down with them!