Tinsley cooling towers megathread

Are you going to see the towers come down?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to see the towers come down?

• Yes cant wait!
    • No wouldnt waste my time!

i got my lift planned for about 2am

JEES it sounds like its going to be a busy night !

JJ..

I've just been for a reccy and there are people everywhere with cameras, on Meadowbank Road the grass verges are lined with cars and it's already difficult to find a place to stop.

I'm going out at about 10pm to try for one of the decent spots that I've found, I hope all the cars that are there now are not staying till 3am or there's no chance. :(

Yes you are right parking everywhere including the bus stops but a few tickets are going to be dished out shortly for obstruction.

Oh my god.I have just got back from 3 weeks away and can't believe this is actually hapening. Its like mass corporate vandalism. The swines. I bloody love those towers. I feel sick.

most of the surrounding roads are said to close at 11 pm , so Im going down about 10 ish to make sure you can get to a good view.

Hope the're floodlit from all angles, I'd hate to wait for 5 hours and see nothing.:confused:

thank god there going its a bloody right mess when you come down m1 you know then your back were the roads are crap look how long it took to repair the viaduct lol look how long it will to demolish it if they get it wrong even better

Just come past on the lower deck of the viaduct and people taking photoes of them. If they nipped up the A1 or M62 Eastbound there's quite afew cooling towers they can take photoes of:loopy:

sad like train spotters watch all them tonight wen they go , me i will be looking at back off me eye lids lol

I wish I could stay up for it, I'll be well asleep by 3am. I suspect I might get woken up by the bang though :P

they are floodlit,

i saw the lights when i rode along the lower deck the other day,

each light pole has its own generator,and they are all round the field they will be falling onto,

so the towers maybe back lit too,

hope my camera works ok :)

JJ..